WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1181 - 1200 of 1300 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Very nice looking , is this the watch you were asking Bezel questions about?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Very nice looking , is this the watch you were asking Bezel questions about?
Hey Jim!

Nah...this is my first Amphibian that I decided to give some attention. Still waiting for the parts for my minister. Got the Boris bezel on your excellent info and some really nice glass inserts. Still waitng though for them to arrive

·
Registered
304 Posts
The result of this myth is that lots of folks who are new to mechanical watches often don't wind their watches fully for fear of breaking the mainspring. They baby their pieces, winding only a few turns, resulting in poor runtime -- a lot of unnecessary anxiety over nothing, in my opinion.
Perfectly put!
Until recently I've always favoured electronic watches and the above summarises my anxiety about overwinding mechanical watches and my poor experience with them because of it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Added a smooth bezel to my 'Tankie'. Makes it look even quirkier than usual.
I don't bother setting the date on this anymore. Can't see it anyway. It's still
one of my most accurate watches though.

View attachment 15995760

View attachment 15995756
Hi Talkingclock
II imagine a lot of us have the same problem with reading the date window. It's not happening without glasses unless I stretch my arm out until it's so small that I can't read it anyway.
The clean bezel looks great on round cases like yours. Reminds me of the "Cheburashka" (UFO) or the Volcano case shapes.Which I also like :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi Watchutalkingabt
II imagine a lot of us have the same problem with reading the date window. It's not happening without glasses unless I stretch my arm out until it's so small that I can't read it anyway.
The clean bezel looks great on round cases like yours. Reminds me of the "Cheburashka" (UFO) or the Volcano case shapes.Which I also like :)
Yeah it suits the 420 case.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Had a change of heart last night re my 'Tankie' with smooth bezel.

The polished case and bezel just looked too much, out of place. I decided to brush the bezel using Scotch Brite but no way that bezel was coming back off. I ruined a knife edge trying and scratched the case a little. I managed to brush the bezel in situ without scuffing the crystal but I still wasn't happy with it, so I brushed the whole watch. Waddaya all think? I think it looks awesome. It presents a strange sort of vintage look and adds 'quirkiness' in spades, to an already quirky watch. My work isn't perfect but I'm happy with it as a first attempt.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Had a change of heart last night re my 'Tankie' with smooth bezel.

View attachment 15998139

The polished case and bezel just looked too much, out of place. I decided to brush the bezel using Scotch Brite but no way that bezel was coming back off. I ruined a knife edge trying and scratched the case a little. I managed to brush the bezel in situ without scuffing the crystal but I still wasn't happy with it, so I brushed the whole watch. Waddaya all think? I think it looks awesome. It presents a strange sort of vintage look and adds 'quirkiness' in spades, to an already quirky watch. My work isn't perfect but I'm happy with it as a first attempt.

View attachment 15998145

View attachment 15998148

View attachment 15998425
I liked it shiny, but brushed looks the business as well!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I liked it shiny, but brushed looks the business as well!
I normally like shiny but the Vostok looked odd. Too shiny almost like chrome. Hard to explain.
The brushed look seems to make the case look different somehow with the smooth bezel. It sits on the wrist like a flying saucer/UFO kinda thing. Very odd but I've been looking at it all day and I like it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I replaced the bezel of my amphibia with this one. The original was too loose. Looks funny but I like it!

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Love how this turned out...classy. What case is that? I'm going to look for one, although I thought that 5 Vostoks is enough in one collection :ROFLMAO:

My eyes are failing me, but it looks like a 710?

1181 - 1200 of 1300 Posts