WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

6661 - 6680 of 6731 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,140 Posts
For the last couple of days, I’ve been fly fishing for steelhead in the far north of California. Today was nasty, with wet snow transitioning to rain and back all morning. Everything was going great until Titus, who sometimes lets his eagerness override anything resembling caution, scrambled onto a floating log and ended up fully submerged in fast moving, near freezing water. I managed to wrestle him onto the bank, where he started shivering and couldn’t stop. We hiked back to the car, nearly two miles, he was shivering throughout. I dried him and swaddled him in my spare fleece and blankets but it took nearly nintey minutes to warm him up. At one point, I had to hug him in an attempt to stop the shivering. He’s fine now but it was pretty scary there for a while. Alarm is set for 6 AM. Back at it tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
For the last couple of days, I’ve been fly fishing for steelhead in the far north of California. Today was nasty, with wet snow transitioning to rain and back all morning. Everything was going great until Titus, who sometimes lets his eagerness override anything resembling caution, scrambled onto a floating log and ended up fully submerged in fast moving, near freezing water. I managed to wrestle him onto the bank, where he started shivering and couldn’t stop. We hiked back to the car, nearly two miles, he was shivering throughout. I dried him and swaddled him in my spare fleece and blankets but it took nearly nintey minutes to warm him up. At one point, I had to hug him in an attempt to stop the shivering. He’s fine now but it was pretty scary there for a while. Alarm is set for 6 AM. Back at it tomorrow!

View attachment 15720071 View attachment 15720072 View attachment 15720074 View attachment 15720075
View attachment 15720080
View attachment 15720081
Glad Titus is OK. Take care of your best mate!

·
Premium Member
7,344 Posts
OMG! Is Sprocket actually chasing Floyd?

Sunset is wicked pissah.
Just going same-way same-day 🤣 He’d be confusing ambition with ability if he tried 😆

The Fragrant One snapped the sunrise this a.m. when she got up for work. I was still abed enjoying a well deserved lie-in 🤭

·
Registered
8,660 Posts

View attachment 15720071 View attachment 15720072 View attachment 15720074 View attachment 15720075
View attachment 15720080
View attachment 15720081
As much intelligence as we attribute to our best friends,there are situations where they are best treated as children,who we all know can turn a world upside down in the blink of an eye without constant supervision..SOOO glad all is well now.

6661 - 6680 of 6731 Posts