WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

6701 - 6720 of 6792 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Finally sunny day and warm 17°C. Took a risk and let also Miha off the leash. What a joy! Of course, she immediately found a rabbit to chase and run over 200m after him. Lucky rabbit won the race. BTW, rabbit was bigger than Miha
Old Ozzie shows his size next to Nina Alun!
Miha must of thought she had won lotto for a stretch out in the paddock with a rabbit jogging partner.
17 Celsius is that a break in weather pattern or are you getting a reprieve? The paddocks look like they are getting ready to be worked up.
Hit 40c out in our blocks yesterday and strangely from a wind direction ( westerly) that is known more as a cooler wind like southerlies.
No dogs ran here late last night.they were to buggered from day
20210219_170954.jpg
. see you mate.
Plus diver..or Johnny will nail me!!!
All the best animal crazies
Dave

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Maybe Johnny, but you know the rules mate! You are a stickler for them! So post your cute cat up in your kitty and divers...no dog no diver no go here mate..
Back to the kitty forum you go ...
All the best mate
Dave
All

She’ll be right, mate...she’ll be right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,408 Posts
How fast do the lurcher's actually hit snag..what's their ground speed( without a tailwind)and do they stop frequently or just go hard till they are knackered?
No idea what speed they hit Dave, ‘impressive’ kinda covers it! Some days they don’t sprint at all, other days it’s one, two or three sessions lasting a few minutes each. Then they stand breathing heavily for a few minutes before they go back to pottering and normal lurcher service is resumed.

Poppy sleeps all day. If a lurcher is a greyhound crossed with something else, e.g. terrier, collie, etc., I swear Poppy is the result of a greyhound crossed with a cushion. She is the laziest lump. Floyd less so, he’s got more stamina & get up and go. Floyd’s my running mate when I take a muttley with me.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Old Ozzie shows his size next to Nina Alun!
Miha must of thought she had won lotto for a stretch out in the paddock with a rabbit jogging partner.
17 Celsius is that a break in weather pattern or are you getting a reprieve? The paddocks look like they are getting ready to be worked up.
Hit 40c out in our blocks yesterday and strangely from a wind direction ( westerly) that is known more as a cooler wind like southerlies.
Ozzy weights 3x more than Nina. Last week we were at vet for annual vaccination. He's 45kg, and Nina 16.
I hope we are getting reprieve Dave. I've checked long-term weather forecast and it looks like there will be only couple of days below +10C, so Spring is on the way.
Miha is little whirligig. When she runs around I can call her as much as I want, but she'll come back when she wants, and if she wants. That's why I'm afraid for her.
40C is bloody hot mate. We get here sometimes up to 36-37C, but humidity can be high, so very uncomfortable for me.
All the best mate, Alun

·
Premium Member
7,292 Posts
No idea what speed they hit Dave, ‘impressive’ kinda covers it! Some days they don’t sprint at all, other days it’s one, two or three sessions lasting a few minutes each. Then they stand breathing heavily for a few minutes before they go back to pottering and normal lurcher service is resumed.

Poppy sleeps all day. If a lurcher is a greyhound crossed with something else, e.g. terrier, collie, etc., I swear Poppy is the result of a greyhound crossed with a cushion. She is the laziest lump. Floyd less so, he’s got more stamina & get up and go. Floyd’s my running mate when I take a muttley with me. View attachment 15727689
Your hounds are great bro. Scenery is always awesome too.

OoO Bro
Dirty south chapter

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Time for napping. They are all around.
If we ever see our dogs relaxed its a win.
When we see so many previously poorly treated dogs so relaxed..its ..well just bloody great.
You will get a gold collar Alun whether you want or not mate..( I love Miha giving you the cold shoulder off leash) have to be a dog..right??

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Well, afternoon Miha didn't gave me only cold shoulders, she gave me some more gray hairs too. And a hair loss. I think yesterday she developed tactics: "I'll run little bit further today for not too long, so tommorow he will let me off the leash again and I will run much further and longer". So she did. That small black spot (first pic) in a far distance is Miha running away (Nina is closer) so far that I lost her from my sight (zoom in to see her). I thought "OK, now I'm in trouble. Can't chase her with 3 elders, so I'll stay put and maybe she'll come back." She did, after 15min of my horror! Little devil... Love her, love them all

·
Registered
2,188 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,408 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Well, afternoon Miha didn't gave me only cold shoulders, she gave me some more gray hairs too. And a hair loss. I think yesterday she developed tactics: "I'll run little bit further today for not too long, so tommorow he will let me off the leash again and I will run much further and longer". So she did. That small black spot (first pic) in a far distance is Miha running away (Nina is closer) so far that I lost her from my sight (zoom in to see her). I thought "OK, now I'm in trouble. Can't chase her with 3 elders, so I'll stay put and maybe she'll come back." She did, after 15min of my horror! Little devil... Love her, love them all
Looks like a ripper of a paddock for them to stretch out on, will it go under planting in spring Alun?
I'd send you a boomerang mate, but last time I threw, it came back around where my wife and then 2 young sons were with me in centre.
Dived in front of them and it cut my right ear in half ( would of killed them, but as Gen said you'll be right you clown it hit you in the head!!
Ha sorry but that flat paddock brought back a funny memory..
See you mate

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Looks like a ripper of a paddock for them to stretch out on, will it go under planting in spring Alun?
I'd send you a boomerang mate, but last time I threw, it came back around where my wife and then 2 young sons were with me in centre.
Dived in front of them and it cut my right ear in half ( would of killed them, but as Gen said you'll be right you clown it hit you in the head!!
See you mate
Yep, corn and soybean. Green plants you see is wheat.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
See you mate
Gen sounds like my wife!

6701 - 6720 of 6792 Posts