WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1858 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know divers are big favorites here and with me too. But I'm also a big fan of the field watch. So show what you have. Let's keep this within the affordable rules.

My wingman is 42mm dark blue dial. Sadly I think it is discontinued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Field watch... singular? Madness...

Clearly I have a type, and I'm interpreting field watches just about as broadly as posssible. I left out my Casio MTD-1079 and AMW-320. They have elements that straddle the line, but I'd say they are both more diver than field. (Or the AMW is whatever the heck late 80's/early 90's throwback it is)

Everything else, including Pilots and Fliegers is fair game. The early shots are missing the Orient Flight because I forgot I was wearing it. Oops.

mil1.jpg

mil3.jpg
Wait, am I missing one?

mil5.jpg
Yep, I'm dumb.

mil6.jpg
Sorry, dude.

I certainly understand that all of these straddle some lines. None are on the far end of "pure" field watches as they would have been issued by the military, but variety is the spice of life.

There's a range here for every budget. The Timex is the cheapest (duh) at $34 USD on up to the Alpina and Oris. All were purchased within the forum unofficial limit. Lots of different functions from full on chronos, (Precisionist, ETA 251.262 with a GMT-like jumping hour function, Seiko Solar with Alarm, Ronda 5040.B). The Citizen is a simple Ronda quartz, the Timex is obviously quartz as well. The Citizen's an Eco-Drive with small seconds. Three different automatics (Orient's 48743 w/o hacking or handwinding, ETA 2824-2 standard and modified Sellita SW220.) The Wenger commando has the conventional uniderectional bezel and the Seiko Adventure has an internal compass bezel.

If anyone is interested, the Citizen on the top right is up for sale. Clearly I need to thin the herd and it gets the least wear out of the group...

Edit: forgot one thing. This group also includes my size outliers, so this is pretty much the range of sizes I wear. The Timex is 40mm, the Oris and VSA Chrono Classic are 45mm and everything else is in-between.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I think this a field watch? That leads me to the question. What makes a watch fit into a genre of said field classification?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,811 Posts

1 - 20 of 1858 Posts