WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

Registered
Here's my circa ~1988 TGW-10 "Tri-Graph" - my daily beater for 20 years until I bought my first G-Shock in 2007 (a GW-002KA-3V). I really like the first sub-dial which shows the time in analog form with digital hands. Unfortunately, I can't wear it anymore because the resin case has 2 or 3 rotted/stripped threads which don't really hold the case back in place. I hadn't bought another non-G-Shock Casio until just this year when I saw a retro-looking 168 model in gun metal gray with a negative display (A168GG-1B).
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font
Brown Font Metal Clock Silver

Registered

Great thread! :)

I managed to get four in the shot, oldest left to right (I think);

50QS-17 circa 1979 (must get this a new battery)
DW-5200C-1 circa 1984 (probably as close as I will get to an initial release on my budget)
DBC-610 circa 1985 - early databank model in vgc, works like a charm - one of my better purchases
W-14 circa '87-88 - this was actually the first Casio bought for me as a young kid. The original module is dead as is the original strap, I've recently resurrected it with F91 module (very tight fit) and Casio stainless band

Registered
My oldest Casio, still on my drawer is this one, a VDB100 bought in San Francisco Little China back in September 1991.
It is a touch screen unique tech as this is a cushion of gaz between two layers.
In a plane, with less air pressure it goes convexed!!
Great functions. Full matrix display. They were a map of the world moving to choose your cities, virtual buttons appearing for stopwatch and timer...
Very clever ergonomy !
Loud alarm.
I have used mine hard. I even use to swim with it...
Notice also how good the metal bracelet was. There is no scratches. Zero desk diving marks.
Really but was a unique model. Its only shortcoming was the absence of any backlight.
Even if the display got a contrast setting, once in the dark it was useless.
Notice how it look small compared to the nowadays mastodons.

Edit: I have found that site showing it "alive". And yes it was also a calculator watch too !! ?

And the shrine he has me ntionned:

Envoy茅 de mon SM-G985F en utilisant Tapatalk

Registered
My oldest Casio, still on my drawer is this one, a VDB100 bought in San Francisco Little China back in September 1991.
It is a touch screen unique tech as this is a cushion of gaz between two layers.
In a plane, with less air pressure it goes convexed!!
Great functions. Full matrix display. They were a map of the world moving to choose your cities, virtual buttons appearing for stopwatch and timer...
Very clever ergonomy !
Loud alarm.
I have used mine hard. I even use to swim with it...
Notice also how good the metal bracelet was. There is no scratches. Zero desk diving marks.
Really but was a unique model. Its only shortcoming was the absence of any backlight.
Even if the display got a contrast setting, once in the dark it was useless.
Notice how it look small compared to the nowadays mastodons.

Envoy茅 de mon SM-G985F en utilisant Tapatalk
I like that touchscreen on the Casio, coming to think of it so way ahead of the current crop of touchscreen smart watches. I wish I had my oldest one too, it was a Protrek PRW1500 purchased in 2008. Long gone..

Off topic but couldn't help but notice the watch face on your Garmin. Could you please mention it's name, I like it and think it will look good on my fenix too.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Registered
Casio AMW-320D 7BVZ. 1995.

The Casios were out of my reach during the 80s. They were at least two times more expensive than the watches with alarm/chrono/7 melodies my dad used to buy me. He would prefer to buy me disposable, cheaper watches than a good one. Can't blame him, but the truth is that I've always wanted a Casio, especially those relatively very expensive, ana-digi models.
No wonder that I bought one with my first salary in 1995. It was my only watch until 2001, when I bought a Citizen NY-0040. I handed this over to my brother, which is not a watch guy. When I asked him after a few years where that watch was, he told me "I don't know, I don't remember" and was considered lost to me. I gave him an Orient GMT, I did not want my younger brother to live his life without a watch. He rarely wears it.
Yesterday I went to my parents home. As I was snooping around, I opened a drawer and found my Casio. I hurried back home and popped a battery in. It worked! Now it just needs a total gasket replacement and will take its place in my watch box. I do not like ana-digi anymore neither quartz watches, but since yesterday I haven't got it off my wrist.

Registered
@slamwatch Not often, a few days in a year. But i like it! It lies about 20 years with empty battery in a drawer in my parents house - i forgot it at this place, don't know why. I gave a new battery in and the watch began to work like it was new.馃ぉ
nice! gotta make sure to keep that thing for your whole life!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Casio AMW-320D 7BVZ. 1995.
View attachment 15778122

The Casios were out of my reach during the 80s. They were at least two times more expensive than the watches with alarm/chrono/7 melodies my dad used to buy me. He would prefer to buy me disposable, cheaper watches than a good one. Can't blame him, but the truth is that I've always wanted a Casio, especially those relatively very expensive, ana-digi models.
No wonder that I bought one with my first salary in 1995. It was my only watch until 2001, when I bought a Citizen NY-0040. I handed this over to my brother, which is not a watch guy. When I asked him after a few years where that watch was, he told me "I don't know, I don't remember" and was considered lost to me. I gave him an Orient GMT, I did not want my younger brother to live his life without a watch. He rarely wears it.
Yesterday I went to my parents home. As I was snooping around, I opened a drawer and found my Casio. I hurried back home and popped a battery in. It worked! Now it just needs a total gasket replacement and will take its place in my watch box. I do not like ana-digi anymore neither quartz watches, but since yesterday I haven't got it off my wrist.
The curse of drawers in parents houses... Seems to be time capsules!!馃懡馃憤馃懡

Registered
AQ-S810W, circa Dec 2012:

Still working perfectly on its original Tough Solar battery (and still being sold by CASIO).

I had an older, cool CASIO calculator watch, that I used in High School and which made me feel like a secret agent with super high tech gear (good, old, pre-smart phone days). But that one was lost.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 40 Posts