WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2185 Posts

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Share your bronze patina here. Here is my contribution fresh off a sulfur gel bath. The cool thing is you can literally take it back to its original state in minutes. So much better toned down IMO. I waited for natural, which it did do, but who knows how many years to get it to a rich deep bronze it would have taken.

SO SHOW OF YOUR PATINA, NATURALLY INDUCED OR ARTIFICIALLY SPEAD UP |>

A little dark, but dang if it does not match that strap almost perfectly :-!

And now after a little polishing, one day later:

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Do we are all on the same page, We are talking about bronze patina as in aged LUME, not bronze toned cases correct????
Correct!WannaBe Bronze does NOT count!!!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I don't know if it's the strap or your skill at aging chemistry, but I am surprised to say I would take that over your Kazimon.
Wow, thanks! The watches are made of different alloys I guess, so they're a different color and age differently. Will take some comparision pictures later today.
Thanks for the compliment on the strap, I made it from a 1945 Swiss ammunition pouch. The mottled shades of yellow and brown really look nice with the bronze, and even better after patina.

Reactions: freight dog

·
Registered
221 Posts
I put this bronze into the sea water which I brought back from a beach yesterday.

After 10 hours.....
Not very much difference at front, except the copper bezel turns like torch color!

But the caseback changed

Only patina on both sides, I think that because I usually stick a Scotch tape in the middle caseback to avoid my hand getting green, and both sides kind contact my sweat so patina shows more than front and middle of caseback.

Tony

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Love these pics and lots of SD love on here. Would love to see some more from others, anyone have the PAM Bronzo?

·
Registered
615 Posts
ChristopherWilliam, it might be a little uneven but it looks good. As they say, it is a living metal and the patina will continue to evolve. I am curious to see how it looks after a few more months of wear. I do dig that watch.

Scott, thanks for the comparison. Gorgeous watches both! The Kazimon is definitely the more sophisticated in style, but I am not a fan of the Bronze case back and I'm not sold on the copper bezel on the new version. We will have to see if the A1b or even the Helson are available when I have more money. I am also keeping an eye out for Kazim's next bronze. He does such beautiful work.

Happily, my Benarus is in the air at the moment and should arrive tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 2185 Posts