WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 2211 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
It looks great, Satansfist!!Which method are you using?Liver of Sulfur??I am about to do a little test on LOS later on!!Tony

·
Registered
153 Posts
ChristopherWilliam, it might be a little uneven but it looks good. As they say, it is a living metal and the patina will continue to evolve. I am curious to see how it looks after a few more months of wear. I do dig that watch.
oh yeah mine is definitely uneven!! mine looks more "antiqued" and rusty each day. personally i love it this way because it looks a little more vintage. that being said, i really do love the way folks are doing the LOS treatments and getting that blackish tone....

actually, i like very version of these watches...i really don't think you can mess it up with any method, and i like how most are turn!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
It looks great, Satansfist!!Which method are you using?Liver of Sulfur??I am about to do a little test on LOS later on!!Tony
Yep, liver of sulphur gel dissolved in warm water then dipping the watch head. Rubbed back with a touch of Cape Cod cloth to bring up a little of the shine underneath.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thx for the tip!!
I did mine already in Kazimon1500b v2, I did a 2 tone, since the bezel is copper.... its pretty fun.... I will try Cape cod later on to see if it brings shine to mine!!

Thx again!!
Tony

·
Banned
274 Posts
This stuff makes me jealous. I love bronze patina. I wish the Hamilton Belowzero 1000 had a bronze option. Would look amazing with patina with its diving helmet inspired design.
I'm going to have to render it with photoshop and see.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Used diluted (50/50) "Brass Darkening Solution" based on Selenious Acid. Dipped in baking soda solution when colour reached desired state. The effect occurred on a curve, with most of the colour appearing in the last 20% of the time in the bath.
Nice look! What did you dilute the solution with? Water?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thank you. Yes, just plain tap water. Accidentally really, as I only had half as much solution as I needed to cover the watch in a bowl. Worried at first as there was no effect for the first 50% of its bath, but then things took off.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
^ Shu weet! Where'd you get that patina Turnaround?

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I've been watching, wishing, hoping, realizing, buying and waiting to get into this thread.

Now, here is my offering...

You made it in! Nicely done. Love LoS, smells, but rocks. I went with the gel.

21 - 40 of 2211 Posts