WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 2212 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Well here's mine after last nights 2 hard boiled eggs in a bag.. However, this patina came with a price...Forgot I had left the buckle by the sink with the eggs and my wife without looking decides to dump them along with the buckle straight into the disposal unit.. Now.. this is what I have for a buckle.. Luckily it didn't break it in half or something..

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Well here's mine after last nights 2 hard boiled eggs in a bag.. However, this patina came with a price...Forgot I had left the buckle by the sink with the eggs and my wife without looking decides to dump them along with the buckle straight into the disposal unit.. Now.. this is what I have for a buckle.. Luckily it didn't break it in half or something..

Ohhh my, that sucks!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The buckle story makes me think that watch makers should offer a "tumbled" version where the case is pre-distressed then fitted with gaskets and crystal for a unique yet functional look.... Man this makes me want bronze more than ever

·
Registered
368 Posts
I just got my bronze... hopefully joining this thread sometime in the future, I am going to see how it develops naturally before considering messing with the patina.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
How's this for bronze patina?

Reactions: mayostard

·
Banned
1,556 Posts
It seems like most people opt for the forced patina. Does anyone know how long it takes for a good coat of natural patina, under desk diving conditions?

·
Registered
246 Posts
It seems like most people opt for the forced patina. Does anyone know how long it takes for a good coat of natural patina, under desk diving conditions?

Longer than I felt like waiting around for. The thing is, even if you force the patina, it's still going to change as you wear it. The clothes you wear will rub it off in certain areas and the way you handle the watch will change the oxidation in certain places, so even if you force the patina initially, it will evolve based on how and where you wear/handle it. Your watch will still be unique to your environment and person, forcing it just speeds it up the initial wait.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
So I'm loving my bronze watch, and been doing a hardcore LoS treatment to it to see how dark I can get it. Just for kicks. It polishes up much faster than it takes to get it there so no harm.

BUT!! I've been doing some googleing and I read that peeing on bronze does a great job at a very nice patina. Then I remembered about some artist having horses pee on them to get the desired effect.

... just saying....

I'm not about to pee on my watch... specially with the straps still on...

... just saying....

The LoS seems to be doing fine for now.

Let me tighten my crown...

41 - 60 of 2212 Posts