WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you appear to keep your watches looking brand new, but I don't understand how if you wear it.

Do you baby it?
Share your tips & tricks here, or show your scratches & dings.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Yes, I baby it/them. No special tips or tricks, I just try to be aware of things but I do take it off when working around the car or p/u. Sometimes I might bang my right wrist into something since I'm right handed and then think to myself, glad that wasn't my left wrist. I currently wear an Ex 2 that was 16 years young and in perfect condition when I bought it and I figure if the previous owner or owners can do it, well, so can I.
However, maybe I've been lucky for the watch but not for my body. A bicycle accident when I fractured my left wrist and a couple of motorcycle mishaps when I got banged up pretty good, or should say BAD, I had my watch of the time in my pants pocket.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I absolutely do not baby mine... worn 24/7 for almost 4 straight months. But I really like polished center links because its easy to take "the edge off" a scratch without making it look like the watch was polished to like-new condition. In typical light, the watch looks new, held at certain angles the scratches are evident but not glaring. About very 2 weeks I scotch tape off the brushed bracelet sides and take a Cape Cod cloth to the center links for a minute or two, where most needed.

To the casual observer, here is my near pristine bracelet:

But held in the right light, scratches are evident, but subdued:

FYI... after posting I noticed that black smudge to the right of the crown... turns out that was a dirt speck and has now been removed.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I absolutely do not baby mine... worn 24/7 for almost 4 straight months. But I really like polished center links because its easy to take "the edge off" a scratch without making it look like the watch was polished to like-new condition. In typical light, the watch looks new, held at certain angles the scratches are evident but not glaring. About very 2 weeks I scotch tape off the brushed bracelet sides and take a Cape Cod cloth to the center links for a minute or two, where most needed.

To the casual observer, here is my near pristine bracelet:

But held in the right light, scratches are evident, but subdued:

FYI... after posting I noticed that black smudge to the right of the crown... turns out that was a dirt speck and has now been removed.
Still looks in great condition. I like your regiment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts