WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 10965 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I only own 2.5 Sinns nowadays... I sold most of them to purchase a Van der Klauw for my wife. This what I've left:

Sinn 156 Series II. The complete set. Here on a khaki nato from eBay seller Watchbarn*com22

Sinn Arktis: bought it on the internet. Totally busted: scratched, chipped lugs etc. My watchmaker restored it to its former glory, using laser welding to achieve the correct shape of the lugs. If you want to know more of that technique, just send me a PM. Here's the watch on a blue nato from the Watchbarn

Finally, my 0.5 Sinn: a Lemania with the 1341 movement inside a Sinn case. Again a derelict watch, bought on a Dutch national auction site. It's at my watchmaker's as we speak. We agreed to fully restore the watch and use it for a promotional video of my watchmaker's skills. It's gonna be a movie star!

Menno

·
Registered
910 Posts
You own most of my wishlist:)
The Lemania is also very nice, though the statement is a bit the contrary: all Sinn 140/142 models (at least before the Lothar times) were completely manufactured by Lemania, including cases, both 1341 and 5100 movements) and was marketed as several brands, the longest by Sinn. Others including Alpina, Dugena, Sicura, Bell&Ross by Sinn, Marlboro, Rodania, Nivada, Rotary, Bucherer, Candino - and of course Lemania.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My first post. But more importantly, my first Sinn 356 on a Maratac NATO.
IMG_1588.jpg
IMG_1590.JPG

... by the way, what do you think of the strap choice? My wrist is too small for the Sinn black leather strap that it came with. I'm waiting on a brown leather Hadley Roma. I'll probably have to punch a hole in it. I was thinking of getting a green or a silver/gray Zulu.

M

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
My first post. But more importantly, my first Sinn 356 on a Maratac NATO.
View attachment 726146
View attachment 726147

... by the way, what do you think of the strap choice? My wrist is too small for the Sinn black leather strap that it came with. I'm waiting on a brown leather Hadley Roma. I'll probably have to punch a hole in it. I was thinking of getting a green or a silver/gray Zulu.

M
Welcome on the forum!

Nice! Sinns come with a DiModell strap, branded as Sinn. Most DiModell straps can be found in different sizes, including 'S'. Just search for these, I even think here on WUS. A nato like yours is always great on a Sinn and since you're form S Florida (Captiva Island being my favorite holiday spot btw), I think that a nato is the best thing to wear since these straps are very comfortable in hot and humid weather conditions. Furthermore, have a look at - GasGasBones.com The owner Carl makes wonderful straps in various sizes.

Menno

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,000 Posts
Menno is right, that sweet Sinn deserves a custom strap.

Oh, and welcome to WatchUSeek and to the Sinn Forum!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
You own most of my wishlist:)
The Lemania is also very nice, though the statement is a bit the contrary: all Sinn 140/142 models (at least before the Lothar times) were completely manufactured by Lemania, including cases, both 1341 and 5100 movements) and was marketed as several brands, the longest by Sinn. Others including Alpina, Dugena, Sicura, Bell&Ross by Sinn, Marlboro, Rodania, Nivada, Rotary, Bucherer, Candino - and of course Lemania.
Now, that's something I didn't know. I always thought that Sinn was the manufacturer, due to the 'Bell&Ross - by Sinn' text on some watches' dials! Thanks for the info.

Menno

1 - 20 of 10965 Posts