WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

10941 - 10960 of 10965 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Patr1ckd: The "Automatic" face was intended for export US/GB I would imagine, although yours show the FRE day name in German. Can you show a pic of the case back? That could provide some detail as to age.

Also, here is a link to a discussion on the 142, early SINN history... read the reply by SWEETS and his observation that Automatic could be after those watches with the K.... interesting about the early Sinn's being parts bin watches where Sinn was essentially an assembler in the early days.

Thanks for your response. Interesting thread you posted, I’m reading through now. Here’s a pic of the back, doesn’t seem to tell us too much about it. I emailed Sinn to see if they could tell me anything about the year of the serial, but they couldn’t.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Yep, you have the Large S Sinn logo on the back. That came a wee bit later or how you would say "Less Old". The one I have does not have the Large S and Sinn logos but simply the serial number which is quite faint. Note that the serial numbers back then did not have the model number as a prefix. Currently the way Sinn is doing the numbering this would be 157.216649. Non the less, a great watch for sure. Enjoy!

10941 - 10960 of 10965 Posts