WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hello guys.

Amazing ideas. The plastic tools for the bezel seems a great idea, got some scratches in a watch using a watchmaker knife.

What tool do you use for open and secure the caseback? I have been using a superbasic JAXA style tool included in a cheapo watch repair toolkit, but lately it got a lot of play and it is completely useless, the play makes the points to jump, so it scratch casebacks and barely rotate the screwdown.

What is better to get for open screwdown casebacks and later secure them watertight ? :
A better quality JAXA tool, a two points caseback opening tool or another type of tool (like some custom one) ? I guess the best are watchmaker steering tools, but those tend to be very expensive and take a lot of space.

·
Registered
229 Posts
See this, it may help.
I was able to make my JAXA wrench much tighter and easier to use.

Post #49
--- A Guide: Buying / Modifying / Repairing VOSTOK...
Thanks. I will try it, despite the quality of my JAXA tool is horrible (it had some play from stock and got even worse). If it still bad after that I will consider the purchase of a better JAXA tool or a two points wrench made in metal like jimzilla sugested.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am done with the crappy cheapo JAXA tool. The spacers had the thread also in plastic :( . I just ordered a two points watch case wrench fully in stainless steel. It was cheaper than a good quality JAXA tool.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I have not ever seen a stainless steel one, can you show a picture and add a link as to where you got it?
Make sure it has straight pins.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have not ever seen a stainless steel one, can you show a picture and add a link as to where you got it?
Make sure it has straight pins.
It have straight pins (there are several versions available).

Delivery is expected to be slow (2-3 weeks), I don't have it yet. I found those tools on aliexpress. I would have to check in my phone for see from what exact link I ordered. But there're a lot of links of basically the same tool in different sizes and with different points in several different ali stores.

Like these ones from a quick search on pc:
(Round pins version): 8.35US $ 5% OFF|Watch Tool 2 Point Adjustable Stainless Steel 55mm Bigger Size Opener Wrench Watch Back Case Opening Tool for watchmakers|Repair Tools & Kits| - AliExpress

(Straight pins version): 7.98US $ 38% OFF|Adjustable Watch Back Case Cover Opener Wrench Remover Spanner Battery Replacement Tool Steel Watch Repair Tool for Watchmaker|Repair Tools & Kits| - AliExpress

(Here you can select round or straight pins): 8.64US $ 8% OFF|Stainless Steel Screwed Watch Back Case Opening Wrench Tool, Multi Function 13mm to 65mm Adjustable Watch Back Opener|watch case|watch house party 1screw barbell - AliExpress

21 - 28 of 28 Posts