WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 593 Posts

·
Banned
814 Posts
I agree. Very nice lume!

I started with a San Martin with a type b dial. I was so impressed with everything about the watch that I bought another with a type a dial.

Basically sapphire crystal, Seiko NH movement, beautiful uniform finish, 200m wr, and bright long lasting lume. Both for barely over $300.

Some old photos.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree. Very nice lume!

I started with a San Martin with a type b dial. I was so impressed with everything about the watch that I bought another with a type a dial.

Basically sapphire crystal, Seiko NH movement, beautiful uniform finish, 200m wr, and bright long lasting lume. Both for barely over $300.

Some old photos.

The one without NATO is that type b?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Banned
814 Posts
The one without NATO is that type b?

It is. Currently I am in the process of putting every watch I own that has a 20mm lug width on rubber tropic straps. I have small wrists and a prominent bone at the top and have finally found a strap that isn't a nato that is both comfortable and looks good to me.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sterile dial SAN Martin 62MAS. I have to say I really like this watch and for £139 total it is fantastic value for money.
Just beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
San Martin are now starting to come up with some original design but most are costly compare to homage.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is. Currently I am in the process of putting every watch I own that has a 20mm lug width on rubber tropic straps. I have small wrists and a prominent bone at the top and have finally found a strap that isn't a nato that is both comfortable and looks good to me.

I really like that dial just looking I seen a blue version I'm probably going to buy on the next sale.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is my Sterile Fifty Fathoms (Steel Dive). These are $128 delievered from a few Sellers on Alibaba. The Mesh bracelet was added later You can get these for about $30. View attachment 14746037
That looks like another SteelDive I'm watching just a little different dial.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Cool watch! I didn't know SM made solars... Is the second hand ticking every second? Are you happy with the watch?
Yeah, it appears to have been a very limited run. Don’t see them come up much lately. Solar = quartz, so yes on the ticker. Would’ve liked to have seen a VK high beat but not at this price point I’m afraid. The build quality is very good and I’d say slightly better than the early Sharkey’s from 3 years ago.

·
Registered
587 Posts
This is one of my SteelDive watches it has a 39mm brass case with a Seiko NH35 movement and domed sapphire crystal. The lume is really good also and I really like the hands.
Nice...mind sharing where you got it from?
I said I won't buy anything in 2020 but obviously i was deluding myself :)

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Yeah, it appears to have been a very limited run. Don’t see them come up much lately. Solar = quartz, so yes on the ticker. Would’ve liked to have seen a VK high beat but not at this price point I’m afraid. The build quality is very good and I’d say slightly better than the early Sharkey’s from 3 years ago.
Thanks! I just found they're on AliExpress for 184€

https://a.aliexpress.com/LqJ3LGGBZ

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have a San Martin 39mm bronze and green pilot. I'm waiting on their 42mms stainless and blue version. I'll post some pictures when it finally gets here

1 - 20 of 593 Posts