WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

501 - 520 of 583 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Is it brand new? If so, where did you find it? I thought these are sold out everywhere.
You never know what is going to happen. I wanted the San Martin 62 MAS with the Kanagawa dial, but they had ran out. As an alternative I ordered a Heimdallr with the same dial, but was let down. A few weeks later a UK supplier on eBay had a couple, so I ordered one. It cost a little more, but when taking import duty into account I was no worse off, and it arrived within two days.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is it brand new? If so, where did you find it? I thought these are sold out everywhere.
They are. I even tried the manufacturer that makes them for San Martin. God bless WUS. 1 day on the WTB forum and one of our great members offered their barely used one up. In my preferred color no less!

·
Registered
495 Posts

My Datejust arrived. No pictures really do it justice, the marble dial is fantastic. Lume is good, I kinda like the minimalistic clasp. Size and proportions are perfect at 39mm, couldn't be more pleased with that. However, mine has a problem with the crown. It never engages into the hand winding position. Date setting and time setting works fine but when I switch to what should be a hand winding position and keep turning the crown, it screws down. Pretty sure this means the stem was cut too short. Pretty disappointing that this can pass QC. Does anyone know if stem from ETA 2824 and its clones should fit the PT5000 movement? Google hasn't been helpful so far.

Oh yeah, another thing. My wrist is just under 8" and I didn't remove any links. In fact, I think I will ask them for another link. A bit strange they would make the bracelet relatively short.

·
Registered
86 Posts
This Tuna looks great. Is the diamater the standard 45mm ? I love the look but my wrists are so small that I'm sure it won't fit...

Reactions: EPK

·
Registered
418 Posts
This Tuna looks great. Is the diamater the standard 45mm ? I love the look but my wrists are so small that I'm sure it won't fit...
Lug to lug is just 44.5mm, wears really well and easy on the wrist. My girlfriend immediately took it from me and wore it for the whole day and complimented the comfort, so I guess it can fit any wrist size. The supplied strap is rather stiff, but an iso style rubber or a shark mesh should make it wear even nicer. All in all I'm super happy, it would be a great value even at twice the price I paid, but right now this is an absolute steal.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Lug to lug is just 44.5mm, wears really well and easy on the wrist. My girlfriend immediately took it from me and wore it for the whole day and complimented the comfort, so I guess it can fit any wrist size. The supplied strap is rather stiff, but an iso style rubber or a shark mesh should make it wear even nicer. All in all I'm super happy, it would be a great value even at twice the price I paid, but right now this is an absolute steal.
Thanks for your answer. I'd like to add a diver in my collection, but I don't know which one... That PVD Tuna ? A bronze San Martin Turtle ? An all black San Martin Turtle ? Or a San Martin 62MAS ? And considering that for a little bit more money, I can get a second-hand Seiko Turtle, it looks like a very tricky question !

Reactions: konax

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for your answer. I'd like to add a diver in my collection, but I don't know which one... That PVD Tuna ? A bronze San Martin Turtle ? An all black San Martin Turtle ? Or a San Martin 62MAS ? And considering that for a little bit more money, I can get a second-hand Seiko Turtle, it looks like a very tricky question !
I can tell you my reasoning for getting the SM bronze Turtle/Willard:

1. The original Willard is unique, and modern Turtles don't quite do it for me.
2. Seiko's new mass market Willard reissue is too small (2mm smaller than the original)
3. Last year's limited edition reissue is $4000
4. BRONZE!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I can tell you my reasoning for getting the SM bronze Turtle/Willard:

1. The original Willard is unique, and modern Turtles don't quite do it for me.
2. Seiko's new mass market Willard reissue is too small (2mm smaller than the original)
3. Last year's limited edition reissue is $4000
4. BRONZE!
Thanks for helping. Actually, I think that :
1. I don't really care about the original Willard, I like the modern Turtle look, the STO with the waves looks great. And If I buy a Seiko, I can sell it without losing a lot of money. I'm not sure a second hand SM is something you can sell easily.
2. Actually, it's a pro for me and my small wrists !
3. If I had that money, I'd get a spring drive !
4. YES MATE ! I've seen a method to get a light blue / turquoise patina and it looks GREAT

In the end, SM and Steeldive watches are great quality, for a reasonnable price. I like the look of the 62MAS, the Turtle and the Tuna. I like the all-black PVD and I like bronze. In an ideal world, I'd get a SM 62MAS, a SM bronze Turtle, a SD PVD Tuna, a SM yellow or orange Tuna, and a SM PVD Turtle :D

Reactions: Ottone and VicAjax

·
Registered
418 Posts
In the end, SM and Steeldive watches are great quality, for a reasonnable price. I like the look of the 62MAS, the Turtle and the Tuna. I like the all-black PVD and I like bronze. In an ideal world, I'd get a SM 62MAS, a SM bronze Turtle, a SD PVD Tuna, a SM yellow or orange Tuna, and a SM PVD Turtle :D
There is a bronze Tuna too, to complete all the options ;)

I found a black mesh on the bottom of my strap box. See for yourself, but in my opinion it just took the watch to a whole new level:

501 - 520 of 583 Posts