WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

521 - 540 of 583 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is a bronze Tuna too, to complete all the options ;)

I found a black mesh on the bottom of my strap box. See for yourself, but in my opinion it just took the watch to a whole new level:
Whoa...I gotta get me one of those!
Actually, this exact watch is clearing customs, now.
Just need to find a black mesh strap!
Thanks for sharing. Looks awesome!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maybe this isn't the right forum to ask this question, but how do you guys take such great photos?
Mine always come out blurry and crap!
Please help!
I'm happy to get a DM with advice.

·
Registered
107 Posts

This arrived yesterday, it’s very good for £100.

Waffle came from Amazon - Hima for £15.80, strap is decent quality but the buckle isn’t so I swapped that.

Overall very pleased with this combo.

For photography, this is a good video to watch. Essentially it’s all about the lighting.

Edit: Just because I’ve watched videos on how to take good photos doesn’t mean I can. See above as proof!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Maybe this isn't the right forum to ask this question, but how do you guys take such great photos?
Please help!
Is this question for me too? :) I use a dslr camera with a macro lens, but gear is less important. Clear the background, position your timepiece how you'd like, watch the reflections (can be real pain with domed crystals), have as much light around as possible (go outside if you can). If your smartphone has a twin lens camera use the one with more zoom or use the macro mode. Slight adjustments in photoshop or any mobile app can help too, but it's not neccessary.

About that black mesh bracelet: it's from Ali too, can't find the link right now, but these are quite common. You'll need a wire cutter to adjust the length though.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hi, I'm normally rooted in the Russian forum but just took receipt of my Steeldive SKX so am in uncharted territory :). As with most people, I gave the new watch a good look over (left all the packaging on) and then gave it a wind, set the time and screwed back down. Here's where I was a little concerned - the movement appears to be still hand winding when I screw in the crown. Is this normal for an NH35? I have an old 7s26 powered Seiko but the NH35 is new to me. If it's not correct then I guess it's a problem with stem length/keyless etc..

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi, I'm normally rooted in the Russian forum but just took receipt of my Steeldive SKX so am in uncharted territory :). As with most people, I gave the new watch a good look over (left all the packaging on) and then gave it a wind, set the time and screwed back down. Here's where I was a little concerned - the movement appears to be still hand winding when I screw in the crown. Is this normal for an NH35? I have an old 7s26 powered Seiko but the NH35 is new to me. If it's not correct then I guess it's a problem with stem length/keyless etc..
Yep I have the same issue on mine, and on many other people units as well. Seller gave me a partial refund for this.

The movement should not work that way and as you correctly assumed it’s a problem with the length of the stem.

I bypass this issue pushing the crown down at an angle, usually pushing while pinching the crown and heading the pressure a little towards the casback or towards 12 o’clock. Doing so it re-engages straight away.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my Brain using my Fingers

Check my latest work on my Instagram
@m_c.ph
Login • Instagram

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine arrived yesterday. I went for the yellow. It's great watch, although the bezel isn't as good as my other two Heimdallrs. Unregulated the movement is running + 2 spd, that's brilliant
The yellow looks awesome. I agree about the bezel, its not bad but it could be a little "tighter". I might pop the bezel off and see how a genuine skx spring and bezel feel but I'm in no rush.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The yellow looks awesome. I agree about the bezel, its not bad but it could be a little "tighter". I might pop the bezel off and see how a genuine skx spring and bezel feel but I'm in no rush.
I think that's down to personal preference. I like the bezel action to have lots of resistance, but mine doesn't line up to well, and whilst it is clicky, it's almost a bit to notchy. Listen to me, what a nerd !!

Here is a great video you may want to watch

·
Registered
153 Posts
Please help!
I just use my phone, but perhaps I have a natural talent :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yep I have the same issue on mine, and on many other people units as well. Seller gave me a partial refund for this.

The movement should not work that way and as you correctly assumed it’s a problem with the length of the stem.

I bypass this issue pushing the crown down at an angle, usually pushing while pinching the crown and heading the pressure a little towards the casback or towards 12 o’clock. Doing so it re-engages straight away.

Hope that helps!

@m_c.ph
Login • Instagram
Thanks for confirming - now that you mention it, I think I recall seeing a video where one person did exactly what you mentioned about angling the stem in..that's really not a good way to treat a stem :( I thought the price was too good to be true! ;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks for confirming - now that you mention it, I think I recall seeing a video where one person did exactly what you mentioned about angling the stem in..that's really not a good way to treat a stem :( I thought the price was too good to be true! ;)
I think as long as you’re gentle and not forcing anything it should be ok.
It’s not like moving it diagonally or anything it’s just a matter of applying a little more pressure more on one side of the crown, at least in my case.

Also it seems like they silently came out with an updated model with signed crown and lumed bezel (and potentially different hands) which seems to be free of this issue.

@m_c.ph
Login • Instagram

·
Registered
427 Posts
It’s not like moving it diagonally or anything it’s just a matter of applying a little more pressure more on one side of the crown, at least in my case.

Also it seems like they silently came out with an updated model with signed crown and lumed bezel (and potentially different hands) which seems to be free of this issue.

@m_c.ph
Login • Instagram
Ha- well I've tried pressure on all sides and it won't seat at all..I think I'll leave it as is and get a swap/refund as I don't want to force it anymore. On a side note - I have a signed crown and lumed ceramic bezel, so Is this the 'updated version' then?

·
Registered
89 Posts
It is normal to wind when the crown is screwed in.

Hope that helps!

@m_c.ph
Login • Instagram

@m_c.ph
Login • Instagram
Ha- well I've tried pressure on all sides and it won't seat at all..I think I'll leave it as is and get a swap/refund as I don't want to force it anymore. On a side note - I have a signed crown and lumed ceramic bezel, so Is this the 'updated version' then?

All of my nh35 based watches wind as the crown is screwed in. Seems normal. Why would it be an issue for it to be wound a few more turns while screwing down the crown?

521 - 540 of 583 Posts