WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

541 - 560 of 583 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Have you got "it" and "is" around the wrong way ?
I stated it correctly. There are 3 steps to the crown when it is unscrewed. Unscrewed is winding position, 1st click day/date setting, second click time setting. Screwing in the crown is simply winding the watch while the treads compress the spring loaded portion of the crown.

If the date changes when you screw in the crown, you have a problem with wrong stem length. You asked if winding is normal when seating the crown. It does that on every Seiko, Sharkey, San Martin, and Steeldive watch I have with an NH3x or 4R3x movement. It even does it on my SKX with a 6R15.

I have one or two Vostoks. The crown action on them is completely different.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ha- well I've tried pressure on all sides and it won't seat at all..I think I'll leave it as is and get a swap/refund as I don't want to force it anymore. On a side note - I have a signed crown and lumed ceramic bezel, so Is this the 'updated version' then?
Well I got mine back in January and it has blank crown and unlumed bezel, I only recently saw those like yours on YouTube reviews and noticed the differences.

Quite disappointing they updated the look but didn’t bother with the “mechanical” issues.

Sent from my Brain using my Fingers

Check my latest work on my Instagram
@m_c.ph
Login • Instagram

·
Registered
282 Posts
All of my nh35 based watches wind as the crown is screwed in. Seems normal. Why would it be an issue for it to be wound a few more turns while screwing down the crown?
All of my nh35 based watches wind as the crown is screwed in. Seems normal. Why would it be an issue for it to be wound a few more turns while screwing down the crown?
The problem is not that it winds while it screws in. The problem is that it’s tricky to get the crown to come out of hacking as the stem doesn’t click back into position when pressing down perpendicularly to the case after setting the time.

Sent from my Brain using my Fingers

Check my latest work on my Instagram
@m_c.ph
Login • Instagram

·
Registered
495 Posts
Are you sure that poster has the same problem though? What he's actually describing is completely normal. He also mentioned Russian watches. Assuming Vostok, their crown action is very different.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yes, I think the conversation has got a bit muddled. Initially I was asking whether the NH35 should still handwind when screwing down the crown, so thanks for confirming to all who replied. Regarding the stem length, I actually think my watch is fine after going back and trying again. It's a bit tricky to push in the spring to tighten the crown and I think that compounded with the idea of the then possible stem problem I'd concluded that it was faulty. I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong and would like to put the record straight and give Steeldive a pass on my user error! Overall the value for money is daft really on this watch. The 007 was one that had got away and honestly, it's my favourite watch of all time but now the prices are so inflated, this Steeldive was a nobrainer really.

Does anyone know if the Steeldive cases are fully compatible with after market bracelets?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes, I think the conversation has got a bit muddled. Initially I was asking whether the NH35 should still handwind when screwing down the crown, so thanks for confirming to all who replied. Regarding the stem length, I actually think my watch is fine after going back and trying again. It's a bit tricky to push in the spring to tighten the crown and I think that compounded with the idea of the then possible stem problem I'd concluded that it was faulty. I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong and would like to put the record straight and give Steeldive a pass on my user error! Overall the value for money is daft really on this watch. The 007 was one that had got away and honestly, it's my favourite watch of all time but now the prices are so inflated, this Steeldive was a nobrainer really.

Does anyone know if the Steeldive cases are fully compatible with after market bracelets?
I have several watches that still hand wind whilst the crown is being screwed in. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
195 Posts

This arrived yesterday, it’s very good for £100.

Waffle came from Amazon - Hima for £15.80, strap is decent quality but the buckle isn’t so I swapped that.

Overall very pleased with this combo.
I’ve been looking at those lately. My only concern is the size and height. I’m more into ‘moderate’ sized watches lately.
any chance you can post wrist shots?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I’ve been looking at those lately. My only concern is the size and height. I’m more into ‘moderate’ sized watches lately.
It's the same size as Seiko Turtle. Although a 42mm watch, it has a short Lug to Lug and wears on the small size. I would guess anything form a 6.5" will be fine

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
The Rdunae 6105-8000 homage measures 41.5mm from 3-9, bezel is 39.5mm, L2L is 44mm and only 12.6mm thick. The 19mm lugs are a negative but I’ve been squeezing 20mm straps to fit and they work.

It wears nice on the wrist too, a good option if you prefer medium sized dive watches.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Here you go. 7.5” wrist for reference.

My measurements are-
3 - 9 is 43.4mm
Bezel is 41.3mm
Lug to lug 45.9mm
Thickness 13.4mm

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thinking about picking up the Steeldive SD1968, has anyone got one? is it any good?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Has anyone tried putting a Strapcode (or other well established) bracelet on their Steeldive SKX? I suspect the cases are different in small ways whether that's an I.P thing or something else.. I don't mind the straight ended bracelets (but prefer the curved end links) but it's a bit of a crap shoot on how much gap you have between case and bracelet. With the Strapcode ones, they always give you a picture of an SKX with that particular bracelet so it's easy to see..

541 - 560 of 583 Posts