WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got one and threw on some NATOs with related colors (unfortunately in 20mm as thats all I have now, and this watch needs 22mm). Fun and striking, but I think this watch needs a serious thick vintage Pilot's strap.

stripe strap.jpg german strap.jpg

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Hi all, fyi hked will receive the bulk of watches this weekend in Hong Kong and after a brief 2nd QC he will start shipping them from Monday onwards.
A first handful of watches were delivered after our big QC visit last weekend at the factory in Shenzen, hence an early glimpse on the wrist. Everyone will enjoy their gem soon!

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Yes, Thomas will deliver the first batch to me this weekend. I'll QC them again before shipping starts on Monday.

Tom picked up his watches (for friends and family) after our visit to the factory last Saturday. Rest assured everyone will receive their watch as soon as possible, although I think it will take me around two weeks to ship them.

Hi all, fyi hked will receive the bulk of watches this weekend in Hong Kong and after a brief 2nd QC he will start shipping them from Monday onwards.
A first handful of watches were delivered after our big QC visit last weekend at the factory in Shenzen, hence an early glimpse on the wrist. Everyone will enjoy their gem soon!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont have a 22mm strap yet and am debating what to get for this watch (hence curious what people will post here). Just to see, I put it on a beat up old 20mm leather strap. Works ok but i think it needs a darker Ammo style strap:
on leather 20mm.jpg
I've had it a couple days now and it keeps time perfectly. Although I haven't worn it much yet - as it needs a cool strap - its really growing on me. I really didn't know about this watch until recently. A friend who knows I like watches told me about it over drinks and I asked him to put me in for one. I really didn't know what I was gonna get. Must say I am impressed. It has a cool factor and seems a very good value. Well done, gentlemen.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Got my tracking info from HKED this morning! Super excited!! The anticipation is killin me! I normally wear divers, but this one look so much different than my other pilot I have.

Oh and I'm in the USA. San Antonio, TX. Got the pilot en route. Splurged for the EMS shipping. lol. Thanks Ed and all involved!

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,956 Posts
I got my tracking number and I'm getting the fidgets waiting for it. But I think that I will be content to wear it with the stock strap for a while at least to get the feel of the watch. I've got one other strap that might work with blue dial but it will definitely tip it more towards 'casual'.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
In like Flynn!

Initial impressions are favorable. LOVE the display back and blue rotor. Wears a bit big but not a deal breaker for me. ( It is a pilot right?) The finish is pretty nice in person. I tried to get some shots that represent how I view the piece.

Great work everyone!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 101 Posts