WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve shown this before but these are better pictures and upgraded the old band. Unfortunately I neglected to take “before” pictures. It’s a 1961 Bulova Waterproof. It was a mess when I purchased it for cheap at a thrift store. Totally scratched up acrylic crystal and filthy dirty to where it was almost black with crud. Polished up the crystal with Barkeepers Friend and Flitz and cleaned and polished the 10K case. It’s super thin and has a nice “Bulova” in tiny letters on the crown. The dial is flawless.

It had a vintage Kreisler 10K plated expansion band on it that I cleaned up but it still had bubbles and worn spots in a lot of places. I recently scored a brand new Kreisler 24K gold plated expansion band from the same era and replaced the old one. Watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory Hand Watch Watch accessory Wrist Analog watch Fashion accessory Bracelet Wrist Fashion accessory Jewellery Hand

It now looks almost brand new and keeps exceptional time and it was really enjoyable cleaning up the old piece.

I love the old vintage Bulovas. Let’s see yours!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WOW! All of these are so beautiful and thanks to all who have contributed! I know Bulova’s less expensive brand Caravelle had some beautiful watches too and I love them also but Bulova was the king.

I’m so glad that a lot of us still appreciate these vintage, gorgeous watches!

PLEASE keep these pictures of gorgeous Bulovas coming!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts