WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Cats,

Just picked this bag of goodies up from my pals at the coin shop for services rendered. I helped sort through years of collecting of scrap jewellery by a couple ladies. Helped to pick out the gold and silver items to be scrapped.

Anyway, there's some good ones in here. Looks like I'll be busy this weekend :)

Peace,
Preston

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
cool

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That's no way to show watches, shame on you :). Individual pictures please.
Yeah I know, sorry about that.

Here's the first to get this ball rolling, thought I'd go with the best of the bunch. Waltham Vanguard, 23 jewels, adjusted 6 positions, thermo compensated.

All cleaned up and polished. It'll be going to my local watchmaker of choice for a cleaning down the road. I think this will go to the Grand Seiko funding section me thinks.

Peace,
Preston

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Next one, Waltham wrist. This one I did myself, full work up. Movement cleaning, timed and regulated. Case, crystal polished, damaged dial repaired to acceptable.

Size comparison shot against the 33mm Bulova military.

Cool beans!

Peace,
Preston

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Next one, Waltham wrist. This one I did myself, full work up. Movement cleaning, timed and regulated. Case, crystal polished, damaged dial repaired to acceptable.

Size comparison shot against the 33mm Bulova military.

Cool beans!

Peace,
Preston
great advert
thanks

·
Banned
4,045 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Yeah I know, sorry about that.

Here's the first to get this ball rolling, thought I'd go with the best of the bunch. Waltham Vanguard, 23 jewels, adjusted 6 positions, thermo compensated.

All cleaned up and polished. It'll be going to my local watchmaker of choice for a cleaning down the road. I think this will go to the Grand Seiko funding section me thinks.

Peace,
Preston
Both are nice :-!.

So, this Vanguard would have 4 jewels on the barrel arbour?

Kind regards

Aditya

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aditya, I'll try to remember to ask my watchmaker when I take it to him. It runs beautifully and is very accurate but I'm not aware of it's service record so it should be cleaned.

Peace,
Preston

·
Registered
994 Posts
Aditya, I'll try to remember to ask my watchmaker when I take it to him. It runs beautifully and is very accurate but I'm not aware of it's service record so it should be cleaned.

Peace,
Preston
That would be great, thanks! Cant make out if the lever pivots are capped, the escape wheel pivots appear to be. The only place I can put the remaining 4 jewels is on the barrel arbour.

Kind regards

Aditya

1 - 13 of 13 Posts