WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Cats,

Just got this lot in a trade today, another of those out of the blue deals that happens from time to time.

The Solar and Rado are especially nice.

Peace,
Preston

·
Banned
4,045 Posts
You make me sick! :-D
A couple of crackerjacks there!

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Good for you
Those pieces do not much for me, but I am impressed your finding them
A

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check the code on the Solar, some of their movements were made by Rolex or Gruen and are marked as such.
The code? How do I do that?

Thanks for the tip! :)

Peace,
Preston

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay I'm on it, thanks.

Peace,
Preston

·
Registered
220 Posts
Solar was the house brand for Eatons in Canada if I recall correctly. Their earlier high end watches had movements sourced from Gruen and Rolex before Rolex started using ETA movements in the Tudor line.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm aware of the origins of Solar and the Rolex connection I just haven't delved into the watch yet as it came good to go it just needed a polish. The "U" is what really intrigues me, would really like to know what it means. When researching it online Google was not my friend ;-)

The watch is beautifully crafted and the equal quality wise to pretty anything out there. Comparing this to other Solars I've seen they were only average in quality, can't help but wonder if the U is part of why it's so good of a watch.

Peace,
Preston

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Popped open the Solar, AS 1361N 25 jewels, very clean condition.

Peace,
Preston

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you ever decide to part with the Rado let me know.
It's out for service at this time but there's someone already after it. If he passes on my price I'll update you.

Peace,
Preston

1 - 15 of 15 Posts