WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Watchuseek Journalist
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Building Event

I really enjoyed the overall collection from JLC. I still believe that JLC one of the few brands which provide a smart luxury watch at a reasonable price (relative luxury term). They also excel in covering the other end of spectrum with ultra complicated watch.

This year the watch that stood out most and will most likely a be good seller for JLC (barring any other surprises from Swiss Franc) is the Master Calendar with the meteorite dial. I tried on both stainless steel and pink gold version, and they were perfect fit at 39mm, very legible, and day, month, calendar date were executed well. The pink gold version was slightly more legible due to the darker shade of the dial.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Having owned MUT Moon 39, I am so tempted to jump at the opportunity to acquire the black dial version. The only complaint I had about the silver dial was the legibility of numbers and really hard to read calendar. Black dial has the best legibility, and in my opinion looks better on the wrist.

Even though Geophysic is not something new this year, I think it is still very understated watch, fit for any occasion. Its 38.5mm hits the sweet spot. I think this re-issue may also attain a cult status in future. Scott, Watchuseek photographer for the event, had also taken instant liking towards this watch.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory White Fashion accessory

Master Grande Tradition Grande Complication catches your eyes instantly with its vibrant blue celestial dial in a 45mm pink gold case. The acoustics of the minute repeater is loud and clear, but still a notch below the AP's RD#1. The flying orbital tourbillon sits between the sky chart. Calibre 945 is beautiful with the stacked hammers (rather than side-by-side).

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Blue Fashion accessory

This year there is a major focus on ladies watches from all the brands present at SIHH. I think JLC makes their watches very feminine compared to others which make either sporty, more-jewelry-than-a-watch, or make watches below 30mm.

JLC Rendez-Vous Moon has a perfect balance with either 39mm or 36mm, automatic calibre 935, blue star chart dial with moon phase, rendez-vous indicator, and diamonds on the case. It comes on a satin strap.

Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Fashion accessory Close-up

Editor: Bhanu Chopra
Photos: Scott Sitkeiwitz

1 - 1 of 1 Posts