WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Watchuseek Journalist
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Watchuseek team had a very nice visit to Piaget, thanks to a new friend, Gaetano Cimmino, founder of the Horbiter watch blog in Italy.

0660.jpg

Piaget's Altiplano is a slim fly-back chronograph with second timezone. Even though the case size is 41mm, it wears smaller. It's elegant and lightweight, which is so unusual for a chronograph. The brains behind this watch is Piaget's calibre 883P, which is the flattest in its category with 4.65mm thickness. This can easily be a tux/suit watch. It also comes as ladies watch with diamonds.

7113.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

The second watch is the Piaget Black Tie. Even though my first thought was I am not sure if I like this watch, when I tried it on, it grew on my immediately. This watch is extremely difficult to photograph due to the highly reflective onyx dial, but you have to see it in person to appreciate the watch. It is a limited edition of 28 pieces. The case is a white gold cushion case 40x45mm with an automatic movement and inspired by a similar Piaget case worn by Andy Warhol in the 70's.

7134.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

Editor: Bhanu Chopra
Photos: Scott Sitkeiwitz

1 - 2 of 2 Posts