WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just in as of 3pm EST. My brand new acquisition.

20180117_154242.jpg

20180117_154351.jpg

20180117_154541.jpg

20180117_154716.jpg
There was a ribbon tied in a bow here. I forgot to take a pic before unwrapping. I got a little excited.

20180117_154900.jpg

20180117_154937.jpg

20180117_154942.jpg

20180117_155031.jpg

20180117_155035.jpg

20180117_160256.jpg

20180117_162517.jpg

20180117_162535.jpg

20180117_162557.jpg

20180117_162614.jpg

Initial thoughts:

The watch is solid and looks great. While this is 42 mm, the lugs slops downward with a good angle, making the watch wear even smaller. I have a 6" wrist. Depending on the how I twist or rest my wrist, the watch can look a little big for me. I expected screw down crowns for better water protection; However, the watch is rated at 200 meters. So I can forgo the screw down crown. Turning/winding the crowns is very enjoyable. The turning and setting of the alarm, time, date, and inner bezel is very smooth. The 2 o'clock crown adjust the date, alarm, and winds the alarm. The 3 o'clock crown is for the inner diving bezel timer. And the 4 o'clock crown is for the time.

Lug to Lug measurements is 48mm

My gripes:

50th anniversary with 1000 limited edition should be presented in a better box and presentation in general. The watch box could be a little more unique to mark the anniversary. I expected some extra accessories. I.E. straps, loupe magnifying glass, carry case, ect. The accessories and presentation is very underwhelming compare to other brand's Limited Editions. Blancpain and Omega usually comes in a unique box. Not only do Blancpain and Omega come with unique box set, they come with awesome accessories like straps and strap changing kit. With all the sneak peak of of the bracelet and leather strap, I expected at least two straps. Or at least give us books on the history of the Polaris... Even the Tribute to Geophysics 1958 and Tribute to Deep Sea Memovox came with a loupe and extra crystal.

instagram: @vietnomnomwinn
(Mostly pics of food and the countries I travel to. Every so often you will see some of my watches in my posts)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Looks fantastic! However, I'm annoyed on your behalf that the holes in the strap are so far apart. They can be much closer together when using a deployant because you're not pulling on it or having the tang catch on the strap while putting it on.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
LOVE the texture of the strap though.

Lume shot please when you have a chance.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thanks for sharing I think it looks great in these pictures. I particularly like the way it looks on that strap.

If they were screw down crowns that might get a little annoying if you use the alarm and bezel fairly often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Thanks for the post, nice!
You know, having recently bought the LE Blue True Second, I can attest to receiving the same no frills content. Perhaps because these are E-Boutique exclusive models and people may now HAVE to buy it directly from there, they don't feel any inclination to include extras? :(

Anyway ideally watches should be available for in person viewing at some real place, not only available by website. It's a flawed situation, because how many people will just order it to see it then just return it.

·
Registered
12,446 Posts
Nice!

Congratulations!

Wear yours in good health!

How did you get one so soon?!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Congrats! I wasn't aware that you can get this right away...expected a wait before they would ship.

Your comments about the bezel not being applied markers...actually, my preference would have been if the dial were done as painted. As it is, it's not very cohesive with the differences between the applied elements and the rest.

If this is only available thru the website, that is also less than optimal. If this marks how future special editions are to be sold, I am not a fan.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Personally I hate those big boxes. A small cardboard box including a nice and protective leather watch case will be perfect for me. Why invest so much in a package which will spend its life in the attic or garage together with other unnecessary and unneeded boxes? Hanhart did that at the end of the nineties. http://www.watchconcepts.com/images/Other/Fliegerchronograph_box.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great looking watch. Can you measure what the strap width is at the lugs? It looks like it would be a great complement to my Deep Sea Chrono.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I’d also love to know the widh of the rubber straps. Would look great on my Deep Sea Chrono Cermet, which has a 22mm lug width.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The lug width is 21mm. The watch is somewhat thick. It does not bother me since it's is about the thinness of Omega's Dark Side of the Moon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
407 Posts
I had no idea these were available yet! Congratulations. Well played, sir. If the only real gripe is the box, then I'd say you're in good shape. I haven't even looked at my JLC box since the day I received the watch. You have yourself a real beauty there.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry for the potato quality pic. I will try to take a better one when I am home.
Another gripe is that the watch was not secured in the inner box or had a protective sleeve/casing.

Here are better pics of the lume.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!! Looking good.
Kudos to JLC for delivering a new release that quick. We're still getting some of last year's baselworld models here in Montreal

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thank you!! 1 more question. On the rubber strap, do you need to go on the last hole to fit you? And does it fit securely? I am glad to meet a small wrist buddy!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts