WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

silicone charity wristbands

1K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  cprrckwlf 
#1 ·
Just curious,
I was given a silicone wristband in remembrance of a friend who lost his battle with cancer. Its not a charity or anything, just a slogan to remember the way he lived battling for 8 + years and still surfing and snowboarding every chance he got. Just wondering what wrist anyone here would wear one on since I wear my watches on my left.

#4 ·
I've had one on my right wrist for about two years now. Doesn't come off for anything and won't until it snaps or I leave this earth. Its on for a similar reason as you OP. I'm a righty. Watches on the left, band on the right.

#8 ·
The idea of the charity bracelet is that the money goes towards that cause, so wearing it reminds others to support it... so my question is, what bracelet do I wear to inform people about the hypocrisy of the government, drone strikes, Monsanto, the need for relief wells on drilling, oh I've got it, what's the bracelet for reminding people to get back to basics, to embrace nature, be embraced by it, and to live life fully, with love, and light, for all beings, compassionately, creatively, and hopeful?

#9 ·
Right wrist? I also wear watches on my left one, so naturally right wrist is where bracelets go. I don't have them for anything special, either a home made scarab one with a stone scarab that aunt brought from Egypt. Or a plain jewelry black decorative rope wrapped several times around my wrist. It's very plain and doesn't stand out too much, but it's something little decorative around my wrist.

Is there anything wrong by wearing bracelets on the right wrist? I mean, since you're asking about which wrist you shoudl wear that bracelet on?

#14 ·
I have a few, and when I wear them I wear them on the same wrist as my watch, usually just below it (hand side). They're flexible enough they don't interfere with my movement, and I find anything on my right wrist distracting for at least the first few hours I wear it.

#16 ·
Whichever you'd like, or hang it from your rear view mirror (that's where I keep my last dog's collar) or tuck it inside a treasured book (I'm not a religious man, but a family bible perhaps) or keep it on your desk with a picture or wherever. The thoughts of him and his family are important, the bracelet is not except as a trigger for those thoughts.

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Also sorry that some fight so that others are free to leave insensitive remarks.

May your friend's memory be a blessing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.