WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Hmm, I don't pronounce it that way. Since it's a reasonable supposition that it's named after the Swiss German-speaking town, I have assumed it's pronounced Gee-ets, with a hard 'G'.

Or, to take out the slight pause - Gyets.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Secondarily -- what the heck does it mean? Mudman and Gulfman I get....

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's what Babelfish came up with after translating the Japanese definition:

GIEZ of which it is etymological is 'G-ESSENCE' means essence and essence. The G-Shock for a suitable adult for calling by sticking to the quality as the clock without the compromise until arriving at the material in the design, the function, and one point part a point the excellent article is achieved. It tastes by embezzlement, it becomes deep, and feeling of quality is exactly suitable for the name of tough of the refinement.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts

GIEZ of which it is etymological is 'G-ESSENCE' means essence and essence. The G-Shock for a suitable adult for calling by sticking to the quality as the clock without the compromise until arriving at the material in the design, the function, and one point part a point the excellent article is achieved. It tastes by embezzlement, it becomes deep, and feeling of quality is exactly suitable for the name of tough of the refinement.
Ah, the definitive explanation. That clears it up. :-d

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Hell I've been pronouncing it rhyming with key to start it off, Gey-ez, or Gi-ez, whichever is the proper pronunciation key to say it. Ah who knows!

·
Registered
29,512 Posts

Ah, well I do get the gist of that actually... and that means my 'small Swiss town theory' is too clever by half! :-d

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Mine doesn't answer, whatever I call it, so I stopped calling it anything; it's now simply 'cool-watch'.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts