WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when we are buying or selling a watch, and the ad reads: blah blah blah, $xxx.xx shipped conus, paymeny via paypal, "no fees".

I'm just a little confused on the " no fees " portion of this statement? I hate to sound ignorant, but please help a brotha out! :thanks

-Sean

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
So when we are buying or selling a watch, and the ad reads: blah blah blah, $xxx.xx shipped conus, payment via paypal, "no fees".

I'm just a little confused on the " no fees " portion of this statement? I hate to sound ignorant, but please help a brotha out! :thanks

-Sean
PayPal charges a fee to the seller (3% of the total for cash sales; not sure what they charge for credit card transactions). So for a $100.00 sale, PayPal takes $3.00 as a "handling" fee & the seller gets $97.00. When a seller says "no fees", he/she is saying that they will eat the PayPal fee. This usually means that they have factored in the fees with their price of the sale.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, Thats pretty much what I figured! Just wanted to make sure, cause I know paypal charges their 3% gig and was sure that there is no way to not get charged that "fee".

Thanks again!

-Sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts