1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
The Sea Gull is a Fine looking Mechanical Time Piece. The Hamilton looks like a Timex. Nothing wrong with a Timex
but I would drop my money on a better looking watch like the Sea Gull.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
My Sea-Gull says hello! It's a beautiful watch and very accurate. BTW, I asked kevin Ma about the curious difference in numbering between the watch's rear label "816.351" and his website "819.351" and he said the only difference was leather strap (816) vs. metal bracelet (819). As for the Hamilton - I love the look of that watch and it has a solid reputation here. It's about twice as expensive as the Sea-Gull. I think you would not be disappointed with either watch.

Reactions: danes

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
I had the precursor to that Sea-Gull, the M177S, and it was a very fine watch.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I love the look of the Hamilton (more so the rose gold, but that's just personal taste) - and have heard awesome reviews about it....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the thoughts guys.

I like both watches a lot, I'm just wondering if the Seagull is too dressy. I'm already getting LeLocle which is quite dressy, it'd be nice to have a silver dial that works with casual wear as well.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Thanks for the thoughts guys.

I like both watches a lot, I'm just wondering if the Seagull is too dressy. I'm already getting LeLocle which is quite dressy, it'd be nice to have a silver dial that works with casual wear as well.
I think they are both dressy. You can easily change the look with a band swap. That said, I have been drooling over that Seagull for weeks now. You should also check out the anniversary Seagull, its an awesome deal for the watch quality. -SeaGull USA

OH, and if you go Seagull, ask Kevin for a discount. I don't think there is one on the anniversary, but the other one there might be. He gives discounts to WUS, never hurts to ask. Kevin has outstanding customer service to boot...

Did I say I liked Seagulls ? :-d

-SeaGull USA

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
(snip)...I'm already getting LeLocle which is quite dressy, it'd be nice to have a silver dial that works with casual wear as well.
As Corn Cob said, both are dressy, but I would say that the modern styling on both these watches gives them a cool vibe that can extend far beyond dress watch. I can speak for myself, I almost never wear a suit unless weddings or funerals, but the Sea-Gull looks perfect in jeans and a t-shirt (or my uniform in the winter - black jeans and a sweater or fleece.) In fact, many of my favorite watches would count as "dressy" among this dive-watch-loving forum, yet I'm usually dressed California Sloppy. Maybe that's one reason I get such a hoot out of the debates regarding "you can't wear a dive watch with a suit." You can wear any watch with anything - which I can vouch for because I do the opposite, wearing a "dress watch" with hiking shorts and Birkenstocks. :-d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts