WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I'll start by saying that when it comes to pocket watches I am no expert. I usually don't buy them and know hardly anything about brands, types etc. This was in an auction lot of other watches I bought and I would like to know some info about it. It seems to be silver and is quite hefty. Unfortunately the hands are missing and the dial is cracked. The movement has some damage and probably won't run but it looks intriguing. It is signed Chaux De Fonds and what appears to be Jules Pauss. Any info is appreciated. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
the correct name is Jules Rauss, French naturalized Swiss. it was not a great watchmaker his business went bankrupt three times. 1860-61-68 after there are no other news. even if the case is of a casemaker French (IBCF) there is also the hallmark of Neuchatel (argent) in use until 1880
regards enrico

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the correct name is Jules Rauss, French naturalized Swiss. it was not a great watchmaker his business went bankrupt three times. 1860-61-68 after there are no other news. even if the case is of a casemaker French (IBCF) there is also the hallmark of Neuchatel (argent) in use until 1880
regards enrico
Awesome info! That was what I was looking for. Thanks Enrico!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Don`t quote me on this Addictedtowatches,but i have seen these decorative bridge designs before by George Favre Jacot,where the initials G.F.J are incorporated into the bridge design,soooooo ...........looking at your watch i wonder if it`s the same idea,but J.R for Jules Rauss......
image.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts