I have had a good search through past topics so have some ideas, but really need pointing in the right direction.
I need a watch that has the following attributes - with a "want score" next to each one.
1. Light weight 8 Points - I don't really want to know I am wearing it.
2. Durable 9 Points - I will use it every day including surfing and travelling. Water resistant with rubber or material strap.
3. Simple - 9 Points - If possible I guess it would be in the field watch style with date - no multi-dial, and "military look".
4. Reasonable cost - 6 points - I will pay up to $500 if I have to, but much less if I can.
5. Easy enough to read - 5 points - I guess if the above all work then this will fit in.
I am coming off a Tag Heur Aquaracer 500M WAJ1113.FT6015 that I liked, but it was too heavy. I also dropped it, dented the sharp edge and broke the pins. Tag is quoting a $950 repair. (I can buy a new one for $1500.)
Through your forum I have found the Momentum Atlas that I like but worry that it is too cheap and not durable enough (especially the glass) Atlas Collection| Momentum® | St. Moritz Watch Corporation
and also some from Christopher Ward (but worry that it is too expensive for my needs and not durable enough.) View All Aviation Men
Many thanks for your considered replies.