WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These 2 DW-6900s were flea-market finds. They're quite used, with a fair bit of scratches and from knocks here and there. Interestingly I noticed that the LCD displays seem to have different hues. One looked slightly greeny yellow, the other kinda orangey. That kind of gave me an idea to color the lettering of these 2 Gs in matching colors using paint markers. Allowing for about half an hour between coats I colored them twice, wiping off the excess each time with a rag and some 'Brasso'. Here're the results:
DW-6900O_1.jpg
With Orange display and lettering
DW-6900Y_1.jpg
With Yellow display and lettering
DW-6900OY_1.jpg
The two siblings together.
Watchya think?:think:
Lee

·
Registered
539 Posts
The thing i like about the dw6900 is that some of the parts are interchangable...here is a pic of a dw6900 with dw002 module and face,with a dw5600 strap so that the watch can hug smaller wrists.my son swims with it on every week..and so far its good

Attachments

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The thing i like about the dw6900 is that some of the parts are interchangable...here is a pic of a dw6900 with dw002 module and face,with a dw5600 strap so that the watch can hug smaller wrists.my son swims with it on every week..and so far its good
Hi Dean. I'm thinking over doing something similar with a Foxfire 6900 I found recently. The module was kaput so I'm thinking of cannibalising a module off a DW-004 (another flea market find) to customize it.
Lee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts