WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just added a Sinn 103 St to my lonely U1. I noticed that the bezel is bi-directional and does not have any hatch-clicks at all during rotation. So, it can be rotated smoothly and still holds enough friction against unwanted movement. Is this how it is for all Sinn 103s ?

The local Sinn AD sales person told me that I can actually have the bezel retro-fitted with a ring plate for the hatch-click stops. Has anyone done any mods here ? Just curious to know.

I attached a pic of my 103.

Thanks for your comments.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
The clickable, mono-direcional bezel was originally invented for dive watches; the bi-directional friction bezel has been traditionally used for aviation watches. The 103, being an aviation chronograph, is well suited by the latter, I think.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Ric, I managed to pop out the bezel ........

.... to take a closer look at what's underneath. Basically nothing except some wire-strand that snap the bezel onto case snugly. Yes, I will let you know when I decide to go for the mod.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Love my Sinn St Sa. But like you, I think a bi-directional bezel with a positive 60 click increment would be a nice modification.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Please keep us informed on this. The ONLY thing I do not love about my 103 is the tendency of the bezel to move several minutes one way or the other during the course of a day. Perhaps my bezel is "looser" than most, but it's a rare day that it stays put.
Due to this, I can never trust my bezel to measure any timed event with any degree of accuracy.

Speed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts