WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of these coming Monday, I have a few questions:

1. Does the bracelet use pins or screws for adjustment?

2. How's the lume (strength & longevity)?

3. What parts of the dial are lumed? (numbers, hour indices or both?)

4. How much does the watch & bracelet weigh?

On wrist shots, side profile shots (ones that show the domed crystal), lume shots would all be appreciated... I am excited! :)

·
Registered
11,273 Posts

On wrist shots, side profile shots (ones that show the domed crystal), lume shots would all be appreciated... I am excited! :)
Sounds like come Tuesday, you'll be able to answer these questions yourself ... ;-)

Seriously, sounds like a classic Sinn is headed your way - enjoy and don't forget to post pictures! :-!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congratulations on your new Sinn!

I just got the same watch myself in a trade this past Tuesday :) (Traded my EZM3). I think you'll love the 103 Ti UTC. I cannot post any pictures right now, but I'll try tomorrow. I'll try and answer some of your questions below.

1. Does the bracelet use pins or screws for adjustment? Bracelet has both pins and screws, but screws for adjusting.

2. How's the lume (strength & longevity)? Decent in both aspects. It's not the strongest out there, but will get you through the night.

3. What parts of the dial are lumed? (numbers, hour indices or both?) Numbers, hands, and the diamond in the sweep.

4. How much does the watch & bracelet weigh? It is quite light for a fairly large watch because of the Ti. If you have ever felt a EZM1, it is very close in weight to that. It is also extremley comfortable to wear. It is quite a 'high' watch, but sits very well on the wrist.

Also, the watch has a display back, which is a nice touch.

My only gripe is that I wish the bezel was slightly tighter. Mine moves fairly easy. I don't mind that it's bi-directional, but would like it a bit snug.

As far as the yellow UTC hand...You can hide it behind the normal hour hand if not in use, but to be honest, you get so used to it, you actually can find yourself hunting for it. I really like it myself as I do a bit of traveling with work, and like having the ability to display two time zones.

Best of luck with your new 103...wear it in good health! :-!

Tb

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
The 103 Ti Ar UTC is one great watch!

For the sake of completeness; the only thing I would want to add to the previous reply is that - unlike the other hands - the UTC hour hand is not treated with a luminous compound.

The luminous compound itself is quite strong and once charged by daylight leaves nothing to be desired and makes is quite easy to read the time in darkness.

This model has become a classic and should stay so for a long time to come.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts