WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hello there, this is a wonderful watch and to me, given its background, it is the Sinn chrono if one must narrow it down to a single model.
Congratulations on yours, it really looks beautiful with a creamy patina on hands and hour bars - perfectly matching too: this is how a vintage watch should look like.
$T2eC16ZHJIQE9qUHuET(BRlSGmGVtw~~60_12.jpg
Here's a picture of mine: I was lucky enough to get one with the old bracelet.
Cheers
Fabrizio

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello there, this is a wonderful watch and to me, given its background, it is the Sinn chrono if one must narrow it down to a single model.
Congratulations on yours, it really looks beautiful with a creamy patina on hands and hour bars - perfectly matching too: this is how a vintage watch should look like.
View attachment 1153010
Here's a picture of mine: I was lucky enough to get one with the old bracelet.
Cheers
Fabrizio
Fabrizio, thank you.

I agree, this for me is the quintessential Sinn chronograph too. The old bracelet looks great on your 142. Congratulations!

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Jeff, let's schedule our next coffee gtg soon.
I'm afraid to, ever time we meet up watches change hands. :roll:

JK, I look forward to it. I always assumed the 142 would feel too big for me, but seeing it on your wrist, it looks great. I really am anxious to try it on, but I know once I do I'll be in big trouble.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm afraid to, ever time we meet up watches change hands. :roll:

JK, I look forward to it. I always assumed the 142 would feel too big for me, but seeing it on your wrist, it looks great. I really am anxious to try it on, but I know once I do I'll be in big trouble.

Hahaha. I hope nothing bad happens this time. I would like to see your 2 recent Sinn purchases too.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
The 142 wears really nicely, even on a smaller wrist. Here's a quick pic of mine beside my EZM-3 and 144 GMT. Mine is obviously one of the older ones, but I haven't seen many (any?) with these hands.

I have the old NSA bracelet on mine as well,but it was a little short, even for my girly wrist. Thanks to a WUS member, I now have the extra links I needed and can wear it on the original steel. Unfortunately, I don't have a decent photo of this one on the bracelet. It's a rainy day here so maybe I'll take some watch pics.

·
Premium Member
4,420 Posts
Thanks a lot...:-!

Looks like my hunt for a 142 starts now. But wait, the 157 is calling me too! I know, I know...two words: get both.

Stick a fork in me, I'm done. ;-)

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
It looks great on your wrist! Normally, I do not care for day date displays, but when it is in German, it somehow allows it to play into the watch heritage instead of being unnecessary. I also like the sporty red seconds hand!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was nice to see you again Jeff. Great watch collection. Remember, I am first dibs on all those old Sinns and the Fortis. :-!

It's time for you to look for a 142. It looks good on your wrist. ;-) |>

Just had a chance to try on Okinana's 142. I was really hoping I'd find it too big, but unfortunately, I love it. Great, another must have!

A little Lemania party.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
It was nice to see you again Jeff. Great watch collection. Remember, I am first dibs on all those old Sinns and the Fortis. :-!

It's time for you to look for a 142. It looks good on your wrist. ;-) |>
You got it my friend (although I'll never sell em lol! Well, maybe the Fortis) and good seeing you too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 18 of 18 Posts