1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just received a tegimented bracelet for my 757 / 857. :p

Installing was a pain to do as the end links are very tight. o|

(small tip: the small notches on the underside of the endlinks are to tight, if you carefully modify them a bit to the underside it will go a lot easier. make sure the springbars will go in to the holes completely, otherwise you can loose your watch :rodekaart

Now my question:
How can I see the difference between a tegimented bracelet and a normal one ? :think:
As far as I know the tegimented bracelet and the one of the U-series is indenticall except for the tegimented feature ? :-s
Is there anywhere a mark on the bracelet which indicates it is tegimented?
Reason for asking is that after installation on the watch I can see some places with little wear already.
The bracelet also has a slightly different colour than the watch, that is no reason for concerns. I have seen this many times when looking at Sinn.

:thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it seems my first feeling was quit right :-s

I have worn the supplied bracelet for about one evening. I went to a dinner.
Dinner was serviced on a very modern but rough table....o|

The clasp and bracelet was heavily scratched, found out later that evening. :oops: :-|

I contacted my supplier and he advised me to send him the bracelet so he could send it to Sinn.

I took the bracelet of the watch and did a little scratch test to the watch and already scratched bracelet with a needle. It scratches immediatly on the bracelet, you could feel the needle go through the metal.
I also gave it a test on the inside of a lug on the watch, no scratch to see even with harder force on the needle. The needle just slides over the surface, nothing more. :-!

The bracelet has been send to Sinn and they responded:
We carefully checked the bracelet and come to the conclusion that this bracelet is not tegimented.
This bracelet is from the U-series and these bracelets look pretty identical to the tegimented ones and a mixed up can occur very easily.
We will send you a new tegimented bracelet.

Well, these problems can happen and these problems are no problems to me as long as a quick and good solution is provided, which Sinn did :-!

Sinn's customer service has a good name and they deserve that with this way of handling a problem :thanks

Looking forward to the arrival of the new bracelet.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The bracelet has been send to Sinn and they responded:
We carefully checked the bracelet and come to the conclusion that this bracelet is not tegimented.
This bracelet is from the U-series and these bracelets look pretty identical to the tegimented ones and a mixed up can occur very easily.
We will send you a new tegimented bracelet.

Sinn got great customer service, |> but I can't help but wonder how can they afford such a mix up <|. Now I worry if I get the correct bracelet on my 756 :-s, I won't know coz I took it off and put it on strap immediately after buying it, I won't know if its tegimented if I don't put it to daily wear.

Maybe I should do a needle test too, and I wonder how many new owners will too, after reading this disturbing thread.

I agree with Luka that if only they make an effort to mark the differences such slip ups won't happen. :rodekaart

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Sinn got great customer service, |> but I can't help but wonder how can they afford such a mix up <|. Now I worry if I get the correct bracelet on my 756 :-s, I won't know coz I took it off and put it on strap immediately after buying it, I won't know if its tegimented if I don't put it to daily wear.

Maybe I should do a needle test too, and I wonder how many new owners will too, after reading this disturbing thread.

I agree with Luka that if only they make an effort to mark the differences such slip ups won't happen. :rodekaart

I don't own any of the U models, but I know that the links on my tegimeted 757 bracelet are held together by screws with hexagonal sockets. (The bracelet was even delivered with a small Allen key to remove the screws.) I believe this was a first for Sinn, but maybe one of the U1, U2 or UX owners could comment on how the links are held in place on their watches.

If links on U models are held together with conventional screws, this might serve as an easy way to identify the correct bracelet.

Kurt

·
Registered
761 Posts
I don't own any of the U models, but I know that the links on my tegimeted 757 bracelet are held together by screws with hexagonal sockets. (The bracelet was even delivered with a small Allen key to remove the screws.) I believe this was a first for Sinn, but maybe one of the U1, U2 or UX owners could comment on how the links are held in place on their watches.

If links on U models are held together with conventional screws, this might serve as an easy way to identify the correct bracelet.

Kurt
Hi Kurt,

the U Series bracelets also use hex screws.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well, I received the bracelet and at the moment it is on my wrist together with my 757 UTC :-!

The tegimented bracelet for the 857/757 and the bracelet of the U series both use the hexagon screws which need to be unscrewed with 2 small allen keys.
The system works better in my opinion as the normal screwed links or the double screwed links like the Marathon SAR uses. It is a pain to handle 2 screwdrivers and to hold the watch or bracelet.

There are no visible marks on the bracelet to see if it is tegimented, it looks completely identical to the U series bracelet although the tegimented one is a tad darker in color.

I did the scratch test with a needle, I always do this in a not-visible area of the bracelet. You feel the difference immediatly, the needle goes over the surface very smoothly and the bracelet can not be scratched.

Unscrewing the links does not go very smoothly, one screw broke :-s As a technican I am used to handle screws and that kind of stuff. If you ever have to loosen such a screw, please warm it up a little above a stove or such. The screw will loosen much easier.

I read a article on this forum that someone scratched his crystal when installing the new bracelet.
I was very carefull but I noticed some small beads coming out the bracelet from under the screws. It looked like sand or a fine bead-blast medium. I am sure this can easily scratch a AR coating.
I gave the bracelet a very good cleaning, first with compressed air, later with some soap and water. The stuff should be gone now.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ay up.. scouring online, I only see a black tegimented bracelet for the 856.. does anyone know if this works on a 757, or alternatively do they make a black teg'd bracelet for the 757? I'm a foot and a half away from purchasing a 757 or maybe even a 757UTC, but this is a consid fer me. thanks!

Adam

Hi guys,

I just received a tegimented bracelet for my 757 / 857. :p

Installing was a pain to do as the end links are very tight. o|

(small tip: the small notches on the underside of the endlinks are to tight, if you carefully modify them a bit to the underside it will go a lot easier. make sure the springbars will go in to the holes completely, otherwise you can loose your watch :rodekaart

Now my question:
How can I see the difference between a tegimented bracelet and a normal one ? :think:
As far as I know the tegimented bracelet and the one of the U-series is indenticall except for the tegimented feature ? :-s
Is there anywhere a mark on the bracelet which indicates it is tegimented?
Reason for asking is that after installation on the watch I can see some places with little wear already.
The bracelet also has a slightly different colour than the watch, that is no reason for concerns. I have seen this many times when looking at Sinn.

:thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts