WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just got a 757 last week and I wanted to know if the chronograph buttons could be pressed if the watch was wet. Let say for example if i rinsed the watch while washing my hands. Would it be okay to push the buttons once the watch was not under the running water? I assume its a definite no-no if the watch is underwater.

Thanks

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I have been trying to find the info you request. The explanation of the DIN 8310/ISO 2281 your watch is tested/approved for, does not include the operation of the pushers.
My GUESS is the seals will prevent any moisture ingress if the watch is wet.
NB wet, not underwater.
If you should get any moisture in, it will be a very small amount, and the Cu(SO)4 capsule will get blue tinted.

I hope somebody else can give you a definite answer!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been trying to find the info you request. The explanation of the DIN 8310/ISO 2281 your watch is tested/approved for, does not include the operation of the pushers.
My GUESS is the seals will prevent any moisture ingress if the watch is wet.
NB wet, not underwater.
If you should get any moisture in, it will be a very small amount, and the Cu(SO)4 capsule will get blue tinted.

I hope somebody else can give you a definite answer!
Thanks Janne. I will also give Watchbuys a call when they are open and see if they know.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
That makes sense to me. I can't imagine any problem as long as the watch isn't under water.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I just remembered: Some weeks ago, there was a discussion (poss. Dive Forum?) if a watch was water/moisture proofed if the Winding crown was unscrewed. A Member showed some superb diagrams of the seals in the crown. The consencus was that the crown IS protected even if unscrewed.
Maybe the same applies to the Pushers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts