WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_6315.jpg IMG_6318.jpg
I'm almost at my 2 year anniversary with this one. Absolutely love it. Just got it serviced a few months ago and it runs like a horse. Just peered at the serial number...and is this the 24th one made?

How old does that make this watch? The tegimented bracelet and case are holding up extremely well as I only see one superficial streak on the bracelet clasp. It's not a dent/ding.

Anywho, just trying to get some feedback on how old is this watch based on serial, and have the movements ever changed? As far as I know this is the ETA2893-2.

This watch is the best all-rounder in my collection. I often ask myself, "if you had to keep just 1 or 2 or 3 watches...?" The 856 UTC is always the first keeper, unless I have to be stranded on an island for years, then I'll need a solar powered quartz.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I can’t help with your question, but that model is so beautiful. There’s actually a guy in our neighborhood who wears that as his only watch.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I'm almost at my 2 year anniversary with this one. Absolutely love it. Just got it serviced a few months ago and it runs like a horse. Just peered at the serial number...and is this the 24th one made?

How old does that make this watch? The tegimented bracelet and case are holding up extremely well as I only see one superficial streak on the bracelet clasp. It's not a dent/ding.

Anywho, just trying to get some feedback on how old is this watch based on serial, and have the movements ever changed? As far as I know this is the ETA2893-2.

This watch is the best all-rounder in my collection. I often ask myself, "if you had to keep just 1 or 2 or 3 watches...?" The 856 UTC is always the first keeper, unless I have to be stranded on an island for years, then I'll need a solar powered quartz.
Try asking Sinn. If they're half as good as Longines they should be able to help you. My own, similarly unmarked, UTC was bought new in 2012 and has a serial number 856.5xxx. I have never been particularly interested in its real birthday. Serviced a year ago and after 6 weeks' continuous daily wear in lockdown, it's constantly within +/-1.5 seconds; that's total, not a daily rate.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I bought my 856S UTC new in 2008 with serial no. 20. So I guess the series launched in 2007/2008.

Sinn did not offer a non-UTC version until a few years later, if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts