WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My one year old 857, when minute hand is pointing directly at 12, the hour hand is not pointing exactly at the hour. The hour hand is about 10 to 15 minutes past the hour it is pointing at. Any suggestions? Pic attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
This is why I got rid of my 856 UTC. The GMT hand was just a bit off and it just kinda felt like something was going to break soon despite being less than a year old.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Do they line up at 12? If so, something might be wonky with the movement. If not, with a similar displacement, the hands are out of alignment and it would be a generally simple realignment/fix.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
If the hands are out the same amount all around the dial, it's likely that they were not set on properly. If the difference varies around the dial, it may be that the dial is not 100% centered properly. But given the amount of misalignment here, it's likely the hands not being installed properly.

I recall one watch shipped to me for service from across the pond in the UK came with terribly misalighned hands:

The owner confirmed that they bought this new from the AD, and that the hands were like this from day 1. This sort of stuff happens with all brands...

Cheers, Al

·
Premium Member
71,178 Posts
If its off equally all round then a watchmaker can probably make it right for you but if it’s not equal then it looks like a wonky dial.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts