WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased directly from WatchBuys in October 2020. Fantastic watch jammed full of tech. Includes both the tegimented steel bracelet and the leather strap with contrast orange stitching to match the orange UTC info on the dial (it looks amazing on the leather strap!). I've worn it on the bracelet a dozen times or so and same for the leather. The leather strap looks nearly new and the watch head is flawless. No scuffs, scratches, nicks, dings, etc. The bracelet is in excellent condition too but has some slightly "polished" areas which I'm guessing is tegimented steel's version of desk diving swirls. I tried to capture that in the pictures so you see exactly what I mean. They are only on one side of the bracelet (the side on top of the head), I just took the pictures from multiple angles to capture it properly. Includes the inner and outer boxes, warranty card and manual, spring bar tool (so tempted to keep this, I love it!), and hex wrenches to size the bracelet (currently sized to 7.25" wrist).

Asking $2400 net to me, which includes shipping CONUS or Canada. Paypal/Venmo/Zelle preferred.

I prefer a direct sale, but I'm open to hearing trade offers; specifically interested in trading up for Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra, Tudor Black Bay (GMT or Bronze), or a Sinn Arktis (blue dial). I'd also be interested in a Doxa 1500T Professional, other Sinn models, Seiko MarineMaster, etc.

See below for info from WatchBuys:

DIN 8330 certified professional pilot's watch

• Watch diameter (mm): 43.0
• Watch height (mm): 12.0
• Lug width (mm): 22
• Lug to lug (mm): 49
• Weight - head only (grams): 90
• Water resistance: 200 meters
• Case back: Solid
• Case finish: Matte
• Case metal: Tegimented hardened steel
• Dial color: Black
• Front crystal: Sapphire
• DIN 8330 certified: Yes
• Tegimented: Fully
• Inert gas: Filled
• Copper sulphate: Capsule
• Movement: Automatic mechanical
• Manufacturer's limited warranty: 3 years

This watch is one of the world's first watches to meet the DIN 8330 standards for professional pilot's watches.

The Sinn 857 UTC VFR is one of the first pilot watches in the world to be distinguished by precisely defined functional and technical features to withstand vibrations, shock loads, centrifugal force loads, temperature changes and magnetic fields occurring in flight.

These tests ensure that the 857 UTC VFR can act as an all-round replacement for the on-board timekeeping instruments available to pilots under visual flight rules (VFR).

This watch is also capable of tracking two times zones through the use of a second hour hand on a 24 hour scale for indication of AM and PM.

The range of technologies also includes Sinn's Dry Hold technology for greater functional reliability and freedom from fogging and overall functional reliability at temperatures between 45 C and + 80 C.

Take a look at these specs, and we think you will agree this watch sets a new standard for pilot's watches:

• Tested and certified to DIN 8330
  • UTC function to track two time zones
  • Case made of Tegimented steel
  • Dehumidifying technology enhances functional reliability and freedom from fogging
  • Functionally reliable from 45 C up to + 80 C
  • Captive pilot's bezel with minute ratcheting
  • Sapphire crystal glass
  • Water resistant to 200 meters
  • Low pressure resistant

Dial is matte black with Arabic numerals and dual color luminous markers and hands.

This watch is equipped with a Sinn Tegimented steel bracelet with locking clasp.

Watch Photograph White Handwriting Clock
Watch Gesture Finger Everyday carry Wrist
Watch Analog watch Gesture Finger Watch accessory
Watch Finger Gesture Watch accessory Gadget
Gesture Finger Bumper Gadget Communication Device
Watch Hand Gesture Finger Everyday carry
Watch Analog watch Computer keyboard Gesture Clock
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist
Watch Analog watch White Light Product
Watch Analog watch Photograph White Clock
Plant Sports equipment Watch Camera accessory Gadget
Watch Communication Device Rectangle Finger Gesture
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Silver Clock
Black Rectangle Font Material property Box

Attachments

Reactions: Speedy B

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Monday bump

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Weekend Bump

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sunday bump.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Weekend Bump - Drop to $2499.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sunday bump.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bump.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bump.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Night time bump

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bump and drop to $2400. Open to shipping to Canada with additional charge for shipping costs and insurance. Not really interested in trades, but if I were to consider a trade it would really only be for something along the lines of an Omega Aqua Terra, Tudor Black Bay, or Doxa 1500T.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bump

Reactions: Aspartame

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Black Friday bump.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bump

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bump. Open to other trade offers (see main post).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts