WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am happy to say that I will oncw again be a member of the Sinn family. Tomorrow I will be receving a Sinn 857 form Watchbuys.

I am certain no one here remembers me but I used to be a regular when I owned a UX. I sold that watch a few years ago and had nothing Sinn to talk about. I participate in subforums if I own or am interested in a particular brand. I figure my opinion is useless otherwise.

So, I was all set to purchase a 104 A St Sa. I was going to pull the trigger this morning until it was suggested I take a look at the 857. It was love at first dight.

Why am I so excited? Well, this is my very first brand new Sinn. Every UX I ever owned was purchased pre-owned invthe sales forum. They were all great watches but buying a brand new watch feels like a greater commitment to Sinn for me.

Anyway, I will post a wrist shot when it arrives.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Great choice. The 857 is one of the great all rounders and one of the best that Sinn do in my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats on your purchase! I love my 556 A. I wonder why they didn't straighten the date like they did in the 556 A...
To be honest, in my opinion it would be perfect if it had no date.

Reactions: wkw

·
Registered
367 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! I love my 556 A. I wonder why they didn't straighten the date like they did in the 556 A...

That would be a good idea. The stark contrast gets me every time. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts

I also purchased an 857 from WB a few weeks ago, I agree with you about no date. I was looking for a watch with minimal complications and the 857 definitely ticks many boxes.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts

I also purchased an 857 from WB a few weeks ago, I agree with you about no date. I was looking for a watch with minimal complications and the 857 definitely ticks many boxes.

Sorry for the double-post, not sure how that happened.

·
6,885 Posts
Congratulations on your 857

The 857 is an epic design IMO... the original Spork

Enjoy that Bad Boy for many years

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: rosborn

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congratulations, I wish you all the best times with your new 857. It's great watch.

By the way, how do you like that leather strap?
Thank you.

It’s a very nice strap but it days a few days to break in. A great feature is that the strap keepers are fixed in place so the second keeper from the buckle doesn’t ride up the strap towards the watch. I am going to be adding a bracelet within the week for hot/humid summer wear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you.

It’s a very nice strap but it days a few days to break in. A great feature is that the strap keepers are fixed in place so the second keeper from the buckle doesn’t ride up the strap towards the watch. I am going to be adding a bracelet within the week for hot/humid summer wear.

Good to hear that break in happens and help.

I have similar leather strap than yours and when I tried it first, I felt that quite stiff near the lugs of the watch case. Underside of my wrist, strap feels more soft and supple. But near the case of watch, the strap was difficult to get adapted to shape of my wrist.

I changed it then to bracelet and nato -starps before break in it enough. But that leather strap looks great in person with 857 and I would like to take it in use later on.

And yes, I noticed as well that those strap keepers work well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts