WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Sinn 903 : How Dandy with a burgundy !

4K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  itsmeyall 
#1 · (Edited)
I decided that 2018 would be the year for beautifying the Sinn part of my watch family �� (856 - U1 - 903)

After offering a new wardrobe to my Sinn U1 in January, I took my 40th birthday as an excuse to welcome in my watch family the Sinn 903 I was dreaming for 4 years .
I chose it in its bracelet version (as I always do when I have the choice ), because for a leather strap, it deserve the handmade !

So I contacted Maxime Peyrache (Xamlam), a leather craftsman based in France and specialized in watch straps and pouch, for this project.
The mainline was I wanted a padded strap : this is a legitimate Navitimer after all ! So Maxime directly sent by phone some pictures of genuine Horween Cordovan burgundy shells he recently received, and even if I was going for a black coloured strap at first thought, the burgundy colour appeared to me as an obviousness

Font Text Illustration

Metal Wood

So I filled the order form with specs (lug width, top and bottom thickness, stitching color, lining material, etc) and sent it to Maxime with the brand new Sinn leather clasp . Indeed most of the Sinn leather clasps have their pin screwed to the desired hole of the strap, therefore I wanted to be sure Maxime adapt the thickness correctly.

One week later I received the strap : a genuine burgundy Horween shell cordovan padded strap with burgundy stitching (color code No. 9 for the Horween cordovan connoisseur ;) )

Buckle Fashion accessory Strap Material property Belt

Green Buckle Watch accessory Strap Belt

and 2 minutes and a Bergeon later, My Sinn 903 was a Dandy in burgundy :

P.S. Maxime shew me some great WWII Swiss Ammo pouches from whose the leather was of rare quality. When I saw them I instantly think it would fit great my Sinn 856 but it's another story ...

See less See more
#4 ·
Very nice. I wear mine with B&S diablo. I like it very much but think your choice is better.
the funny thing is that I ordered the same kind of strap for my 856 with the burgundy strap , see here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.