WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I wonder if anyone can help me out here. I bought a Sinn 456 some time ago and, ultimately, returned it because it was just too small for my liking. That said, I did like the quality of Sinn overall. The one thing that caused me to pause was the clasp. Most particularly the fold over safety clasp didn't seem to securely and firmly "snap" into place. Instead, it just seemed to kind of fold over and barely stay down by way of very minor friction hold.

Here's the question, did I just have a dud or do they all fold over and attach so slightly? With those kinds of clasps usually you get a hard if not "sticky" close with the safety piece (think Breitling, for example).

I'd like to buy another Sinn (a larger one) but I see they all have the same kind of clasp so I would like to hear from others about their experience first. I am worried that the safety piece will open on its own with wear or a small catch on something. The one I had surely would have done so. Anyone?

·
Registered
105 Posts
On both my 756 and 103 H-link bracelets it is not a problem.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I’ve had several H link bracelets over the years. Both old and new. The clasps have never been an issue.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I’ve had several H link bracelets over the years. Both old and new. The clasps have never been an issue.

·
Registered
143 Posts
3 of mine are on bracelet with no problems. On my Ti bracelet the clasp isn't as positive as the steel but still clicks and never opened up so no issues so far. I read complaints where people use a rag and some pliers to bend in the clasp to make firm but have yet to need to do that.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Glad to hear that most of you dont have problems with H bracelets as I found mixed opinions in some old threads. I think I will get one for 856.

·
Registered
662 Posts
The one thing that caused me to pause was the clasp. Most particularly the fold over safety clasp didn't seem to securely and firmly "snap" into place. Instead, it just seemed to kind of fold over and barely stay down by way of very minor friction hold.
I have an H-link bracelet on my twelve year old 856 UTC. If anything, I am afraid that I am going to snap off a fingernail trying to open the safety clasp. (Seriously.)

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have an H-Link bracelet also and the clasp is stiffer than I'd prefer. Definitely not coming undone by itself.

·
Premium Member
IWC chrono: Pilot or Porsche Design Titan
4,628 Posts
I've been wearing the bracelet on my Sinn EZM 10 nearly every day for over two years. I agree the connection seems very light, not a positive click or even snug friction. However, I have had no problem with the bracelet coming undone.
Unrelated to the clasp fit, I did have a pin break where the clasp blades are connected. It was the smallest, thinnest joint that connected two pieces. Of course the watch fell to the tile bathroom floor and hasn't run the same since. But testament to the tegimented titanium toughness (wow, lots of "t's" there), no nicks or scratches on the watch.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My 556 has the H link bracelet and the clasp and fold over are very nice. Firm click on both the fold over and clasp. I like not having to worry about my 556. I throw it on and forget it.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I sent my EZM 3 bracelet back to RGM because the clasp needed replacement. It took almost 6 months to get it back!! Worth the wait though. The good news is the entire bracelet is either brand-new or was completely refinished by RGM. The bad news is I didn’t send them the end links or the watch head which show the usual wear and tear and now don’t completely match the “new” bracelet and clasp. No one else would notice and it doesn’t bother me at all. Besides the extra-long wait, the service by RGM was excellent. I don’t care how long it takes as long as it gets done right the first time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
3 of mine are on bracelet with no problems. On my Ti bracelet the clasp isn't as positive as the steel but still clicks and never opened up so no issues so far. I read complaints where people use a rag and some pliers to bend in the clasp to make firm but have yet to need to do that.
Same here Ti bracelet. Definitely feels loose closing it. But never opened itself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've been wearing the bracelet on my Sinn EZM 10 nearly every day for over two years. I agree the connection seems very light, not a positive click or even snug friction. However, I have had no problem with the bracelet coming undone.
Unrelated to the clasp fit, I did have a pin break where the clasp blades are connected. It was the smallest, thinnest joint that connected two pieces. Of course the watch fell to the tile bathroom floor and hasn't run the same since. But testament to the tegimented titanium toughness (wow, lots of "t's" there), no nicks or scratches on the watch.
Hi, I also had a pin break on my EZM 10 bracelet clasp, right where it joins the bracelet. Sinn is covering this under warranty. You may want to reach out to Sinn and see what they can do for you since your watch dropped due to the pin breaking. See my post on this: https://www.watchuseek.com/f24/sinn-ezm10-titanium-bracelet-problem-4946601.html

·
Premium Member
IWC chrono: Pilot or Porsche Design Titan
4,628 Posts
Hi, I also had a pin break on my EZM 10 bracelet clasp, right where it joins the bracelet. Sinn is covering this under warranty. You may want to reach out to Sinn and see what they can do for you since your watch dropped due to the pin breaking. See my post on this: https://www.watchuseek.com/f24/sinn-ezm10-titanium-bracelet-problem-4946601.html
They covered the first incident, but not the second. The clasp is about $200, btw. I was advised to rinse and dry the bracelet after wearing, so I have begun doing so after every week of wear.
It’s a definite weakness in the bracelet design. Never had issues with other bracelets failing like this (including Rolex, Omega, IWC, and Patek Philippe among bracelets I wore daily and didn’t bother “maintaining”).
That being said, the Sinn EZM 10 is still my second favorite watch in a 17-watch collection. I absolutely love the watch (and the bracelet while it is functional)!

·
Registered
177 Posts
They covered the first incident, but not the second. The clasp is about $200, btw. I was advised to rinse and dry the bracelet after wearing, so I have begun doing so after every week of wear.
It’s a definite weakness in the bracelet design. Never had issues with other bracelets failing like this (including Rolex, Omega, IWC, and Patek Philippe among bracelets I wore daily and didn’t bother “maintaining”).
That being said, the Sinn EZM 10 is still my second favorite watch in a 17-watch collection. I absolutely love the watch (and the bracelet while it is functional)!
I agree, the bracelet is poorly designed. I don't think is due to dirt, because like you I have Omega, Fortis, Breitling and Marathon that I wear and never wash and those bracelets are 100 percent. At first Watchbuys were me telling me that there is nothing they can do since they replaced the first one, but after reaching out to Sinn, they covered the second failed clasp. Sinn needs to be told of failures so they get the point that it's a bad design.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts