WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the service intervals for the Sinn diapal watches? I know they are oil free hence supposedly doesn't need maintenance. But I don't know if that is actually true.

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,505 Posts
What are the service intervals for the Sinn diapal watches? I know they are oil free hence supposedly doesn't need maintenance. But I don't know if that is actually true.
I think you are confusing Sinn technologies. DIAPAL technology is applied only to the escapement to ensure long-term accuracy of the movement. The rest of the movement requires periodic cleaning and lubrication just like any other ETA movement. Ar-Dehumidifying technology is employed to retard the aging process of the oils and keeps the movement functioning properly longer. I can't tell you what the service intervals are (no time to Google right now) but I can tell you DIAPAL watches have a five year warranty and Ar watches have a three warranty.

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
The usual Sinn recommendation is that watches should go into service when you notice a significant or sudden loss of accuracy, but not as a precautionary measure after a fixed interval.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts