WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I recently bought a EZM 3 (nicht watch!) and today a took a closer look at the hands and the dial. It seems that the hands are bend towards the Dial at the tip. They do not touch each other or the dial. Can anybody confirm this? I wonder if this is a defect. The Superluminova on the hands has no signs of a crack or something like that so it seems that the hands were bend before applying the paint.

·
Banned
373 Posts
I would have to fetch my EZM3 out of the box to be certain, but I am pretty sure that the hands of mine are bent, too. Although I do not understand the deeper meaning of this ...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi,
I recently bought a EZM 3 (nicht watch!) and today a took a closer look at the hands and the dial. It seems that the hands are bend towards the Dial at the tip. They do not touch each other or the dial. Can anybody confirm this? I wonder if this is a defect. The Superluminova on the hands has no signs of a crack or something like that so it seems that the hands were bend before applying the paint.
Just checked mine...possibly although nothing definite, perhaps on the minute hand and only very slightly. Are you sure this is not a optical trick due to the sapphire? As I say barely noticeable if anything.

Cheers David

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi:

The hands on my (1) month old sinn EZM3 have the same profile. I think it's kind of cool. Enjoy your watch.

PS

What accuracy are you getting?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi:

The hands on my (1) month old sinn EZM3 have the same profile. I think it's kind of cool. Enjoy your watch.

PS

What accuracy are you getting?
It looks like about +12s in 24 hours which is a bit high. I was expecting something better, but perhaps it needs some time to get those values.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi eosfan:

My Ezm3 was a little fast at first aprrox. 10-11 sec. It has been a month now and the watch is at +7sec. I suspect that eventually I should get +3 to +4sec.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks slightly bent...

Every so slightly "bent". It could be an optical illusion.

After 13 months of ownership, I'm steady at +4 sec/day. Not bad!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I am pretty sure that the tips of the hands are bent purposely, to reduce parallax-caused illusions. It's so you can be sure the hands are pointed exactly at the right index mark, no matter the angle of viewing.

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
I am pretty sure that the tips of the hands are bent purposely, to reduce parallax-caused illusions. It's so you can be sure the hands are pointed exactly at the right index mark, no matter the angle of viewing.
Traditionally, parallax error has been countered by bending the tips of the hands toward the dial, not away from it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Traditionally, parallax error has been countered by bending the tips of the hands toward the dial, not away from it.
Right. Isn't that what the first post said? That the tips of the hands are bent towards the dial?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right. Isn't that what the first post said? That the tips of the hands are bent towards the dial?
Exactly.

Looks like this is quite normal on the newer EZM 3. I checked a few in the Sinn store and they all come up with hands (minute, second) that are bend towards the dial on the last 4mm of the tip.
I have an older EZM 3 from about 2002 that has no AR coating on the outside of the glass. The hands are not bend, they are straight, but where the hand gets very small you can see that the Superluminova paint builds up a small heightening. I think this is because the light emisson of SL ist proportional to the mass of the paint. Where the hand gets small Sinn applied more SL in height. Maybe they wanted to compensate that effect with the bend hands.

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
My bad. :oops: Must have confused this thread with another one about the opposite phenomenon. Bending tips towards the dial = good and shows the watch company is very meticulous.

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
Re: Esofan:

What? You can visit the SINN store and check out the other watches?? :)
Stop tormenting us!!;-)
You and everyone else can, too ... just join the WatchUSeek visit to the Sinn Factory on 23 February (see the sticky threads). ;-)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts