WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOOOOOO!—my Sinn 556 I just died on me today. Sometime today. I can't remember the specifics since I thought that it simply needed winding, but the date window displayed today's date, "27." I wound it bit, thinking that it must've run down, but it didn't respond. I then reset the watch, but nada. I was shocked, because in the year and a half that I've owned it, the 556 has been solidly dependable.

I'm not posting this as a complaint, but merely as a record of a Sinn fan who is now going through the steps to have his watch (still under warranty according to Kevin at WatchBuys) repaired by RGM. I'm sure that things will work out well.

I've boxed the watch up, and I'll post it tomorrow. Stay tuned for how things play out.

IMG_3926.jpg

IMG_3930.jpg
SaveSave
SaveSave

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sorry to hear that highbob. Hopefully, it gets resolved painlessly.

That said, I'd be interested to learn how your repair experience goes. It'd be equally interesting to find out the cause.

All the best.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My 903 died on me too 2 weeks ago. It was 9 month old.
I sent it back the jewelry I bought it from in Germany (via Chrono24) and it is back today and hapilly ticking (hopefully for a long time). It was a issue with a screw.

Sh** happens in the mechanical world...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would blame ETA... How long did they say it would take to fix?
No word yet on how long the fix will take. I shipped it to RGM yesterday--it will arrive tomorrow (Thursday).

I'll post results as I hear them.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The watch arrived today, and I promptly heard from RGM:

Hello, Mr. Haas:

This email is to confirm safe receipt of your Sinn watch. The job number is S-2340 . If the timepiece is under warranty it will be placed in queue with a watchmaker immediately; otherwise you will receive the repair estimate within the next 5 to 10 business days.

I left out the name of the person who sent me this message, for privacy's sake. I assume that there should be no trouble with their confirming the warranty since I checked that with WatchBuys when I first discovered the problem. Hope things move quickly.

Reactions: sefrcoko

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Received news on Friday that the watch has been serviced, but it's awaiting final testing. Yay!

Anxious to get it back. When you have more watches--several times over--than you actually need, it's surprising how much you depend on one or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
Received news on Friday that the watch has been serviced, but it's awaiting final testing. Yay!

Anxious to get it back. When you have more watches--several times over--than you actually need, it's surprising how much you depend on one or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost there highbob! All the best.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great to hear it got quickly resolved.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
Well, yes and no. I received news about the watch on 4/7, but it's been over a week and I haven't heard anything else. I'm not holding my breath. Having said that, I'm not too bent out of shape over this. I'm sure the watch will get here soon. I'm sure. I'm relatively sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update: Had not heard from RGM since 4/7, so I was beginning to become a little anxious--but with the holiday and all, you know--so I sent them a request for a further update, and I received this news:

Some of the lubricants were dry so the movement was serviced and we replaced the wheel that drives the sweep hand. Your watch is running well now, and tested with a power reserve of 41+ hours.
I'm happy to hear that I should have the watch back by Friday. It really has become my go-to watch for most situations, simply because I enjoy wearing it, and though it's expensive enough not to intensionally abuse, I feel safe wearing it in most of my admittedly pedestrian pursuits. I'll be happy to have it back in hand, and I do appreciate the updates and service from RGM. If I receive the watch tomorrow--4/21--it will have been on the road since 3/28. Could be worse.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Received the 556 on Friday. It's running well but a little slow, within standards, but I'm a little surprised that it wasn't regulated when it was repaired. Happy to have it back.

Picture taken Friday night while walking the pooch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts