WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sent my 10 y/o U2 to Germany for service ( no issues just a 10 y checkup and lube). Looks like I made the correct decision to send it early so I can get it back before boating season. I sent a 1960's Omega to RGM this week and they say they are 6 weeks out.

For warranty work, Sinn is @ 4-6 weeks per the email today.

Reactions: unclemexnyc

·
Registered
229 Posts
Good to know. How did you send it, just out of curiosity? Direct to Sinn in Germany or through a US Sinn partner?

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I filled out the form on the website and sent it directly to SInn ( RGM does not service U2 ). I saw no need to involve RGM just to ship the watch.

·
Premium Member
3,805 Posts
Sounds right normally most are 6-8 weeks but with everything going on everything seems slower.
Within the last 3 months I had two Rolex come back from RSC Dallas in about 35 business days...they also quoted 6-8 weeks.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds right normally most are 6-8 weeks but with everything going on everything seems slower.
Within the last 3 months I had two Rolex come back from RSC Dallas in about 35 business days...they also quoted 6-8 weeks.
I have to send off my Exp1 ( also 10-year service) so that is good to know my wallet has a month to absorb the blow.

·
Premium Member
3,805 Posts
I filled out the form on the website and sent it directly to SInn ( RGM does not service U2 ). I saw no need to involve RGM just to ship the watch.
Once ONCE and never again I used an AD to ship a watch off. It seemed easier and convenient but then I had to wait to hear back from the AD about the service and then when I had a question they had to call the Service Center and get the question answered and then call me back after their day off bla bla bla. Did I say never again?

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it possible to ship direct to Rolex? I would love not to make the 2-hour drive to my nearest, less than pleasant, AD.

Reactions: Mickey®

·
Premium Member
3,805 Posts
Is it possible to ship direct to Rolex? I would love not to make the 2-hour drive to my nearest, less than pleasant, AD.
Absolutely and if you call them they’ll ship you the box with protection, form to fill out, instructions and the certified mail paperwork. It cost me $37 Registered Mail ( the most secure) insured to send Milgauss GV with value of $8,000. No reason to pay crazy USPS insured pricing...

See post here...

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
This is not true. The only U-Series that must go back to Germany is the UX, or any of the older Hydro models. The only reason to send your U2 to Germany is if you need a new crystal.
RGM can do everything else for a U2.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is not true. The only U-Series that must go back to Germany is the UX, or any of the older Hydro models. The only reason to send your U2 to Germany is if you need a new crystal.
RGM can do everything else for a U2.
RGM said differently - I was sending in my Omega so I would've sent both if they could do it.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Price quote came in today $416 including the return shipping. That is service + ar refill. Much better than my other brands.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just sent my 10 y/o U2 to Germany for service ( no issues just a 10 y checkup and lube). Looks like I made the correct decision to send it early so I can get it back before boating season. I sent a 1960's Omega to RGM this week and they say they are 6 weeks out.

For warranty work, Sinn is @ 4-6 weeks per the email today.
This is good to know that even with the pandemic turn around from Germany is not unreasonable and actually alot faster than I thought. I am sending my UX for warranty work. I found some particles under the sapphire. I'm sending to watchbuys and they will send to Germany. I was hoping Sinn Germany would also change the battery to prolong my next service so I would not have to send in again soon. My watch was purchased in 2019.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts