WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the Sinn 856S

I've worn this one for about one month and the size and weight makes it very comfortable. It is very legible and I love the tech list is fantastic

Tegiment treat
AR coating on both sides of the crystal
Sulfate capsule
200 WR
80,000 Amp/m magnetic protection

UTC function is not very impressive, more of a cosmonaute function, imho.

Enjoy the pictures

Cheers

Henrik

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
How do you like the Crocodile strap? It looks like a Lone Star. I was thinking about getting one in 22mm.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do you like the Crocodile strap? It looks like a Lone Star. I was thinking about getting one in 22mm.
It's a LoneStar Alligator. The quality is fine for the price you pay, imo, but a Sirtoli is definately a better executed strap and also more expensive. The Sirtoli is heavily padded and is too thick for the Sinn re space between the lug and the case.

The black surface looks cool on the 856, just wish they had a version without the UTC feature; so I had to go for the 656S. :)
The 656 is a beautiful design and better than the 856, but I needed the tegimented case.

Cheers

Henrik

1 - 5 of 5 Posts