WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my UX in for service. I have sent 3 emails ([email protected]), filled out the web site info request and sent a fax but have not received any reply as to the status.

Other than calling, which I might have to do, is there any other responsive contact over at the factory?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I included my shipping info in the box and also in emails that I have sent. I just can't get anyone to respond.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe if someone wouldn't mind pm'ing me a recent contact's email address. I will try faxing and will call if I have to.

I have tried emailing all of the web site email addresses plus one or two on this forum all without any response.

A little sad as far as the quality of the service response.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
They are extremely busy....when i sent my U1 in for repair it was a day or two between replies. Iirc the first email i sent to start the discussion took a few days to get a reply to get the ball rolling. There were also several emails exchanged to discuss that i would be sendiing a watch to them before it was sent. Iirc they had a special shipping address also for watch shipments.

How long has it been since your first email to the 'kundendienst' address?

rgds.

Maybe if someone wouldn't mind pm'ing me a recent contact's email address. I will try faxing and will call if I have to.

I have tried emailing all of the web site email addresses plus one or two on this forum all without any response.

A little sad as far as the quality of the service response.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I first sent an email to the kundendienst.de address on the 16th. Since then I have sent emails on the 22nd, 28th, 29th. I faxed them on the 27th and used the web form twice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will post back once I have a response to hopefully help future Sinners with the service process and its pitfalls.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
This is the one thing that keeps me from getting a UX. I always worry about having to send it to HQ for service and battery change

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great news I finally have a response from Sinn. However, I can't tell which of my many attempts at getting a reply actually triggered a response.

It is a relief though.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I recently sent a watch for service, via Fed Ex using the instructions noted on Watchbuys' site. When I didn't hear from them after a week, I contacted Watchbuys - was told that it's normal to NOT hear from them for up to 3 weeks. The initial contact I got from them was 2 1/2 weeks after tracking indicated the watch was signed for...

·
Registered
854 Posts
Interesting guys. I have a few Sinn watches...and I have since decided to send one in for service directly to Sinn Germany (my FIRST repair through Sinn Germany)....and I am going through the 'no response or follow up' scenario as well. I sent my watch in for service..and followed all 'Shipping Repair/Service Instructions to Sinn Germany' to the tee....as per the disclosed commentary from both the AD and Sinn Germany...and have not heard from Sinn Germany for over 2 weeks (as per FedEx Delivery Confirmation)...nothing from Sinn Germany confirming receipt of the watch (considering Sinn Germany commentary online as well as the Warranty Papers states that they will forward confirmation once watch is received?)..nor the status of the repair. I have FedEx tracking confirmation with a name of an apparent signature at Sinn Germany...so..I have since forwarded this via email (my first) to Sinn stating delivery confirmation information.....along with other commentary reiterating what I included in the original package that was sent to Germany. Hopefully I will hear back from Sinn soon...which would be a start for proper customer service in my humble opinion. I will keep you informed.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I love the Sinn watch line-up and indeed my own 356, but they REALLY need to sort out their customer service department and service centre. I had my own similar communication debacle last year when I sent my Sinn in, when they did not reply to my e-mails, lost my watch, lost the paperwork, found my watch, lost it again, but they did eventually sort it out. I fear they are losing a lot of custom due to this, and this will continue into the future, as people do not need to put up with crap customer service, when there are so many good brands with decent online support around. Sorry Sinn, but it is what stopped me from buying another, and sent me to another brand, and I will not buy another until I see serious evidence of modernisation at Sinn, and better customer communication. It may cost them extra, but how much are they losing and what will the long term effect be if they don't sort it out?

·
Registered
854 Posts
I love the Sinn watch line-up and indeed my own 356, but they REALLY need to sort out their customer service department and service centre. I had my own similar communication debacle last year when I sent my Sinn in, when they did not reply to my e-mails, lost my watch, lost the paperwork, found my watch, lost it again, but they did eventually sort it out. I fear they are losing a lot of custom due to this, and this will continue into the future, as people do not need to put up with crap customer service, when there are so many good brands with decent online support around. Sorry Sinn, but it is what stopped me from buying another, and sent me to another brand, and I will not buy another until I see serious evidence of modernisation at Sinn, and better customer communication. It may cost them extra, but how much are they losing and what will the long term effect be if they don't sort it out?
That's REALLY disappointing to hear....I hope that Sinn Germany lurks within this forum to read such commentary.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I have been trying to get a return info from Sinn for over 4 weeks now without any luck. It kind of pisses me off a bit that it is hard to communicate with them, but on the other hand I work for a German company, and have to say that the general lack of urgency is a norm. They just take their time, and if you do not like it, oh well. One thing for sure, it is better than few years ago, but still far from whats expected by an average customer. The problem is not only with CS response, but also with new product development. Market analysis, R&D, tests, further market analysis, justifications if it will be profitable, 10000 signatures, and by the time you introduce your offering, few years have passed. You just need to know how to deal with them... :-d

·
Registered
152 Posts
Please notice that there are just three ore four people working at sevice at Sinn in Frankfurt, they are very busy! I have send three watches to service and got them all back in first class condition without any problem!:-! In germany they don`t have the same idea of "service" like it is in the states or GB, but they will allway do a pretty good job!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts