WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
6,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m not sure when this was released, but this looks very promising

Looks like Strapcode has made a ratcheting clasp that looks just like Sinn’s large divers clasp!

Has anyone here tried one?

https://www.strapcode.com/products/parts-nt-clasp-017b

Shannon

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Looks very similar to the ratcheting clasp on the Doxa 4000T and 300T-Graph bracelets( without logo) Shannon.
If so it's okay...but could be heaps better,if not combined with the right bracelet as the extra length does not like to fold on steel on the Doxa.
I reckon would work well tegimented on Sinn rubber.
All the best mate

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
6,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the best mate

That’s what I was thinking. I’ll have to order one soon ;)

Cheers

Reactions: DaveandStu

·
6,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the best mate

That’s what I was thinking. I’ll have to order one soon ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I had one of Strapcodes ratcheting clasps a year or two ago for an SKX. I still have the SKX sans clasp.

Functionally it was great. The edges on that bad boy were horrible. It was disappointing given what it must have taken to develop the thing. They could have put more effort into softening the sharp points. Every edge and corner against my wrist was sharp.

Maybe they have worked the kinks out by now.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I have the clasp myself on one of my Seiko Tuna's its a great bit of kit but I never use that fiction to be fair
The clasp is very well made as I find everything from Strapcode to be never thought of trying the Sinn
Rubbers in it but may give it a try

At the min I'm using one of my Sinn clasp with some Bolido rubber so it fits a another Seiko I own

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Here is a photo of them side by side

The Sinn is 50mm long
The SC is 45mm

Sinn Standard clasp 39 grams
Sinn tegimented 44 grams
Strapcode 39grams

As you can see in the pictures the tegimented Sinn clasp is far better made than the standard one but costs 3x the price

The Sinn rubber does fit the SC clasp but on this side you would have to cut the rubber right to the raised line which I haven't

If you were into diving I believe the SC clasp to be useful as you have more adjustment
However there is more play in the the SC clasp

I've a few Sinn clasps to play with :)

·
6,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^ Thank you so much bazza

With the SC being 5mm shorter, my cut Sinn rubbers will be too short Oh well...

Maybe I’ll have to try the new Sinn clasp instead.

Shannon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thanks for posting.
It may be worth trying the other StrapCode clasp with the 6 holes of adjustment?
That one looks as if it may give some adjustment although slower than the ratchet to adjust. But, it too may be 5 mm shorter?

·
Registered
269 Posts
The Strap Code clasp is shorter but only when in the shortest fully closed position. 2-3 clicks open and it is very close to matching the Sinn clasp.
There are 5 clicks total adjustment for about 13.75 mm of total length adjustment. An already cut Sinn rubber strap may work.
Also, it it looks like the end that moves/ratcheting end will allow at least one and maybe two holes to be inserted into the clasp with the springbar in the third.
This would benefit smaller wristed persons as this will allow a little extra strap remaining for future use or to accommodate a larger wrist without needing to lengthen the clasp.
I may post pics later.... 1 pic =1000 words.

Other than sharp edges that need some emory cloth or fine file taken to it, this seems a good clasp that makes up for the Sinns main shortcoming of difficult adjustment.
It is a few 10ths of a millimeter thinner than the Sinn clasp and not as beefy. Yet it is not a flimsey clasp. The main draw back I see is the shallow end connector shown in the 7th photo by Bazza.
Take care to not cut into the springbar hole and really push to get the rubber strap into the connector. Measure once and cut twice!!! The 2nd cut will be on a new strap.

EDIT: Just want to say that I believe with careful planning that this clasp can be used and still allow the Sinn clasp to be used later on with the same rubber strap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts