WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if this has been posted before, but here is some information for those seeking some info on the adjustibility of the two styles of bracelets. I have both for my Sinn 103 St Sa Ar, where my fine-link bracelet is of the new type, with inbus screws.
For the picture below:
The fine-link bracelet has three (!) different link lengths (to my big suprise). It came with long and short lengths. I ordered two additional short links, but these are slightly longer (1,0 mm difference).
- long link 10,0 mm
- ‘medium’ link 8,5 mm
- short link 7,5 mm
two-link bracelet:
- link 10,0 mm
- micro adjust 3,0 mm

BD2F40A6-7BE2-4252-99A5-3F0945B26C51.jpeg CAE4E962-6C53-485C-817D-4A07D7AF04B9.jpeg 1834BA12-E784-43FA-880A-95A78E1A7AFD.jpeg 8A7D9544-6AC1-4539-87DE-22AD98A30482.jpeg

·
Registered
273 Posts
This is genuinely helpful, rapsac1971. Thank you for sharing, especially relevant to me because I'm on the fence between trying to locate a 556 Weiss or picking up a new 104 White on a fine-link to complement my 103 on H-link.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Not sure if this has been posted before, but here is some information for those seeking some info on the adjustibility of the two styles of bracelets. I have both for my Sinn 103 St Sa Ar, where my fine-link bracelet is of the new type, with inbus screws.
For the picture below:
The fine-link bracelet has three (!) different link lengths (to my big suprise). It came with long and short lengths. I ordered two additional short links, but these are slightly longer (1,0 mm difference).
- long link 10,0 mm
- ‘medium’ link 8,5 mm
- short link 7,5 mm
two-link bracelet:
- link 10,0 mm
- micro adjust 3,0 mm

View attachment 13011659 View attachment 13011661 View attachment 13011777 View attachment 13011779
Thanks a lot for sharing! Which one would you prefer more as a daily wearer?

I'm trying to figure out the right one for 556i to buy with.

I love the H-link look, but not so keen on the clasp, while I believe the fine link is too dressy, but really like the clasp over the big flip-lock clasp. Decisions...

Sent from my Lenovo TB-7304F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now using the Hlink. Mostly because of looks.
For me the following differences are apparent, both versions with inbus screws (as pictured)

Fine-link
- better adjustibility (but only by changing links)
- better wear comfort
- dressy look not for everyone, nor for every watch

H-link
- quick fine adjust at clasp (but only helpful if a hole available in required direction)
- clasp not as refined looking
- a bit more rattly
- more robust look

So, it depends... but on my 103 St Sa I prefer the H-link for looks. And for me the adjustibility is ok, as is the clasp.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, the dressy look would probably look kinda weird on the 556i. But again that clasp is a tad to big for me on the H-link. Gotta run these options through a few times before pulling the trigger. Nevertheless, thanks again for sharing your experiences with the different bracelets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great info! I'm waiting for the 104s (white) to come back in stock on WatchBuys and have been debating which bracelet to get. I think I'm leaning toward the fine link. I'll mostly wear this on leather, but the fine link is a nice "dressy" option to have on the shelf.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great info! I'm waiting for the 104s (white) to come back in stock on WatchBuys and have been debating which bracelet to get.
Great info! New batch of Sinn 104s is on its way to Watchbuys, should skip in a week or so. Pre-orders possible.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
One thing I forgot to mention is that the H link clasp is somewhat of a cuff eater. The edges of the clasp/closure are rather sharp. Just to be complete in the comparison. I have the 103 now on the fine-link and will remove the sharp edges of the H-link clasp. I did this when I received the bracelet, but was not very thorough with it. Probably because I wanted it on the wrist!

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
OP, the Fine Link bracelet is totally polished where the H-Link is brushed with polished center links correct?

Also, I watched a video where the poster felt like the H-Link fold over clasp was a bit bulky and was somewhat hollow sounding and feeling
and perhaps not up the quality of the watch itself.

What do you think of the clasp?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
OP, the Fine Link bracelet is totally polished where the H-Link is brushed with polished center links correct?

Also, I watched a video where the poster felt like the H-Link fold over clasp was a bit bulky and was somewhat hollow sounding and feeling
and perhaps not up the quality of the watch itself.

What do you think of the clasp?
No, fine link is also brushed (2nd and 4th row) and polished (1st, 3rd and 5th row), as are the solid end links.

See post #8, clasp is not completely up to standard of the watch head, but still adequate. Would prefer a fully CNC’ed version (now part CNC’ed, part folded sheet metal), but I am OK with it. But, it should be delivered without the sharp edges (which you can remove yourself, but it is Sinn’s job). But maybe this was only my watch, the tegimented bracelet of my 756 wasn’t so sharp at the clasp and was OK.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The butterfly style just doesn't work for me - have tried on a few different watches but I can pretty much always manage to open them with extreme articulation of the wrist during some sort of activity like salsa or swing dancing.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The butterfly style just doesn't work for me - have tried on a few different watches but I can pretty much always manage to open them with extreme articulation of the wrist during some sort of activity like salsa or swing dancing.
Haha, you should use a G-shock for that!

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
No, fine link is also brushed (2nd and 4th row) and polished (1st, 3rd and 5th row), as are the solid end links.

See post #8, clasp is not completely up to standard of the watch head, but still adequate. Would prefer a fully CNC’ed version (now part CNC’ed, part folded sheet metal), but I am OK with it. But, it should be delivered without the sharp edges (which you can remove yourself, but it is Sinn’s job). But maybe this was only my watch, the tegimented bracelet of my 756 wasn’t so sharp and was OK.
Thank you for the update. So it appears nearly polish/brush by yourself. Maybe tape off every other row with painter's tape?

I have an Oris Aquis where the back edge of the clasp is 90º and a sharp edge. I've torn up some of my furniture with it. Most of these companies at this price point will not put any real research and design into their clasps.

But I will take a single fold over a butterfly ever day of the week so probably the H-Link for me.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts