WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I expect this to be a little biased, but if you've owned both or either, tell me what u think. Looking for my first real watch purchase, in terms of cost at least. I'm torn between the Sinn U series and the Fortis B-42 MarineMaster, apples to orange in terms of the UX quartz vs automatic movement, but all the same what would you do. I'm not a diver but I am a mariner, any watch I'm gonna own is gonna be beat to death I'm looking for a rugged durable watch, just one to grow old with lol, be a daily wearer. Give it to me straight doc.

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
38,009 Posts
I expect this to be a little biased, but if you've owned both or either, tell me what u think. Looking for my first real watch purchase, in terms of cost at least. I'm torn between the Sinn U series and the Fortis B-42 MarineMaster, apples to orange in terms of the UX quartz vs automatic movement, but all the same what would you do. I'm not a diver but I am a mariner, any watch I'm gonna own is gonna be beat to death I'm looking for a rugged durable watch, just one to grow old with lol, be a daily wearer. Give it to me straight doc.
This is more apples to basketballs. Which U series? You mention UX (regular, GSG9, Sansibar, SDR) but there's also the U1 (regular,Tempus, U1W, SDR), U2 (regular, S, SDR, Solebox), U200 (regular, SDR) and U1000 (regular, S, SDR).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi,
I have a Sinn U1 and a Fortis B42 Official Cosmo day/date.
My Fortis is not the same as the marinemaster you mention, but is quite similar and the case is identical I think.
These are both very different watches but both excellent and certainly keepers.
Definely a different feel to each.
Of the two I wear the U1 most, usually everyday.
The UI has a tegimented bezel and very hard submarine steel, I also wear mine on rubber with a tegimented clasp which makes the watch pretty much bullet-proof. The Fortis is also tough, but not as tough.
Whatever you choose you will not be disappointed.
Hard to choose between them - getting both recommended.

Cheers,
Ian.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, I have both of the watches that you mention, Sinn U2s and a Fortis B-42 Marinemaster Chrono. Well, both have different usage, Sinn U2s I wear it out for traveling(because of the UTC)where else the Fortis MM is more of a daily beater. But there is something more of the Sinn U2s. The watch case(Submarine Steel) can't get any scratch marks as for the Fortis MM it is very easy to see scratch marks, so it's a plus point for Sinn U2s. So now having both watches for 2yrs plus, I'm switching to wearing Sinn U2s as my daily beater.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts